Slow down autopilot during turns

A hopefully simple fix for the next update (maybe), but the autopilot should be calmed down a bit when it comes to making turns. I can’t help but feel the pain of having my spinal cord snapped (or the horizontal stab breaking off!) when my aircraft make turns at cruise. 3 degrees of bank per second would be closer to how a real AP system would function. Thank you!

Yeah I know what you mean, the banking is alittle aggressive…

23 Likes

Agreed! I hate how the autopilot breaks everyone’s necks

24 Likes

I agree the auto pilot feels to aggressive

6 Likes

It makes it so like unrealistic a pilot would not do that!

1 Like

I agree…when I remember, I put in some rudder before the turn/bank starts. Or start easing to new heading when the < 1min notification displays.

2 Likes

lol definitely…especially in smaller jets, it’s kinda funny to see the plane bounce left and right as it stabalizes when it’s boss (the ap) jerks it into the turn :P

1 Like

I agree too! Gave my vote in :]

1 Like

This applies to NAV mode as well. I cringe so hard when I’m cruising and there’s a 30 degree turn in my FPL at 400 knots GS. I just have a feeling that my passengers will die without their seatbelts on. :/

7 Likes

So surprised no one ever posted about this btw!

That’s one of the reasons i only use obtuse angles in my flight plans (unless it’s not possible)

1 Like

When you turn using autopilot, dont just turn it to the direct heading right away, increase your heading by +1 or +5 so the bank angle will decrease and you can turn smoothly as if you were in the plane seat yourself

1 Like

Agreed! I would hate to be a passenger in these planes. Bad whiplash 😉.

True, but if you’re using NAV, the autopilot makes the turn aggressively.

2 Likes

In all cases, no one wants to be adding 1+ for sometime… it’s not realistic anyway.

It just helps keep the bank angle below 30 degrees

Well, no, it eventually becomes more than the current heading which causes it to turn at 30 degrees. That’s another thing you’re talking about.

1 Like

Isn’t this the same as that one?

6 Likes

The CRJ Series jets have a 1/2 Bank mode that is engaged automatically above FL300. Prevents a Bank from exceeding 10 deg of roll. Maybe some5ing like that would be nice? Maybe I’m missing what you’re saying.