Skytrax reveal the best Airlines and Airports in the world (2015)

What! How is the airline that fires cabin attendants for being pregnant number one!

1 Like

In the meantime my airport rated 5th worst in America!
Reason: Voted number 1 most expensive airport in america!

I just love my KXNA.

1 Like

South African Airways #34, massive drop from #22 last year. Dang!! the effect of politics in business.

Johannesburg Airport rated higher than Dubai by 15 places?? What’s the criteria used for this??

1 Like

How is Newark last? That airport seems pretty nice.

1 Like

They detain avgeeks doing some planespotting. I suggest going to KJFK instead (my friend’s dad is high up in customs and immigration there, gets me through really quickly on international travel)

So if I was gonna go to NY, you would recommend me doing BHX - JFK on an AA 757 instead of BHX - EWR on a United 757?

2 Likes

Yep, JFK is bigger and more organized. There is a light rail service connecting the 7 terminals (formerly 8) to the subway (3 or 4 of the lines) and one of the railways to Long Island or to the center of the city (all it’s lines but one go to that station). Plus, the American terminal has an island which is linked by a tunnel under one of the taxiways. If you have either jetBlue aircraft in IF, take it to Terminal 5. They have their own terminal. Any heavies that are not US carriers and international flights go to T4. Delta to 2 and 3. Long distance carriers to 1 (LOT, Lufthansa, Korean, etc). British and United to 7. 6 was demolished, not sure why, but it was also jetBlue

2 Likes

Ah OK. Cool.

1 Like

Nope. They have been published on SkyTrax’s website many months ago.

Oh O.o, because on their blog post it says “29 December”.

Newark has not been the same after continental merged.

Ok. These I actually kind of agree with this year. Virgin Murcia is on 28th, which is good, and then delta should have been after that with the new inflight entertainment, (45), and that happened, so I kind of agree. But lax shouldn’t even be on the list.

1 Like

Air France is 15th, just behind Swiss :)

Hope they join the top 10 airlines in the world by 2016!

2 Likes

Really crappy. NJ cops don’t understand the definition of “Avgeek” and “planespotter” and can’t get it through their thick skulls so it’s an idiotic decision to even bother to show up because you will be booted (Or worse) quickly. Multiple NJ spotters who I know skip EWR and go to JFK instead (Albeit not often).

Only benefit to EWR is if you’re a Star Alliance frequent flier

4 Likes

Too bad they don’t have survey for best looking flight attendants, there would be no airlines from the United States on there, and TACA/Avianca would be #1!

1 Like

Top 20 lists 2015 from skytrax.
Congrulation Qatar Airways

(not mine photo)

3 Likes

Newark is an amazing airport, ignore these fools.

2 Likes

Forget Newark, JFK is where it’s great!

2 Likes