Skymark Airlines A330-300

Credit: Rei U

Skymark Airlines A330-300

One more A330-300 feature request! This time, I’ve decided to focus in on the Skymark Airlines A330-300 (because I couldn’t seem to find any feature request on it). This would be a fantastic livery addition & one of the first for Skymark Airlines in Infinite Flight!

Skymark History

While Skymark isn’t known to many people, it’s an airline based in Japan. It was the first low-cost airline based in Japan. During the years of 1996-2010, it primarily focused on low-cost operations before deciding to become a premium service airline after 2010, leasing several A330-300s & A380-800s. However, due to financial losses, Airbus terminated their A380 order & their A330s were not bringing in expected load factors.

This led to Skymark declaring bankruptcy, later being reshaped by the Developmental Bank of Japan & with ANA & Integral bidding for sponsoring Skymark, which Airbus accepted. Since then, ANA has a partial (and crucial) stake in Skymark & also fulfilled Skymark’s A388 orders and turned them to ANA A388s. Meanwhile, Skymark has operated on a 737-800 fleet on domestic routes in Japan. Skymark still brands themselves as an independent carrier, only having codeshare(s, d) with ANA, JAL, & Delta.

While Skymark no longer operates the A333, it was the first Japanese airline to operate the A330. With the upcoming 21.1 update, this aircraft would make for some awesome domestic wide body flights in Japan. It could also be used as a substitute on Skymark routes that use the B738 & could be used on charter flights.

Skymark currently flies to unique destinations like Saipan, Palau, Shimojishima, & Ibaraki as well as flying on high density routes and between some of the more popular and known airports such as Haneda, Kobe, Itami, Sendai, Naha, Kagoshima, etc.

Their A333s were bought by Air Europa later on, but the seating configurations on Air Europa’s A330-300s are the same, with complete premium seats on the A333s. While it may not seem as Skymark has that many routes, this aircraft would bring in more domestic traffic within Japan on the A330-300s. Currently, there isn’t any Japanese A333 carrier in Infinite Flight, so it would be awesome to bring in the Skymark livery to represent the region!

Please consider voting for this livery :)

Oh wow cool where to vote

5 Likes

There’s a blue button above the thread that says “vote”! :)

3 Likes

Nice!
Farewell…

2 Likes

I was waiting for someone to make this request😍 Amazing livery, voted!

6 Likes

Yessssssssssss! <333

3 Likes

You have my vote hope it gets through as the A330 needs a wide variety of livery’s

2 Likes

never heard of this airlines but the livery reminds me VARIG

you got my vote

1 Like

Very cool! Love the A330’s

1 Like

Hey cool I saw this on electric galaxy’s discord server! I think this is great!!

1 Like

Well I know Skymark from their A380’s -_-

Giving this a little bump! Let’s bring the A330 to Japan! ✈️🇯🇵

2 Likes

Very nice livery 😍

1 Like

I rarely post in feature requests, but I’ll join the A333 rework bump bandwagon.

Here’s an epic shot of JA330E landing in New Chitose Airport (CTS/RJCC) to persuade you to vote. Look at how those Trent 700s kick up the snow!

To date, Skymark is the only Japanese airline to have flown the A330. Skymark only operated them for less than a year until they filed for bankruptcy. During the restructuring process, all A330s were retired and their A380 order was canceled. Those A330s were sold to Air Europa and Turkish Airlines.

Five years after exiting bankruptcy, Skymark now operates 29 737-800s and is also the largest independent airline and the largest independent low-cost carrier (i.e., not controlled by JAL or ANA) in Japan.

2 Likes

I hadn’t heard this airline since the aborted A380 delivery, it would be cool to have it in IF anyway

1 Like

This airline only in Japan has my favorite aircraft- a330😍😍😍😍… Voted for this.