Skycrane gets new blades!

Erickson has began testing with a new composite blade for their S64/CH54B helicopters!
Erickson expects to finish testing and certify them by summer to 6 months. The new blades is designed to significantly improve aircraft performance, particularly fuel burn and payload capability at altitude. It is also aimed at development of a single main rotor blade that can be installed on four different derivatives; the CH-54A/B and the S-64E/F

10 Likes

These helicopters looks killer 😅!

1 Like

They’re sick! Before I went to my current company I was with Erickson and we had the crane come to Alaska. It’s a beast!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what does it usually carry?

1 Like

Cargo wise?
You name it lol fires it has a tank which is what you typically see on it

2 Likes

Doy ou have them at your current job?

No =(
I wish though!

1 Like

So it’s a fire fighter?

@Boodz_G

Here’s the crane with its ferry equipment
Its a heavy lift machine. It can carry houses, oil rigs equipment ect it’s also used for fire fighting

20170722_151401

Aha, I see! I was confused for a second…

1 Like

Houses? Holy smokes! What’s the weight limit on this? LOL.

1 Like

All Good!
This is what the Crane is known for all over is for fire fighting. Here it is in Chile

1 Like

It has a 20,000lbs lifting capacity!

2 Likes

Wow, that’s crazy! Though here’s my question, isn’t there a better fire fighting helicopter than that? Or is this the best one?

2 Likes

Define better lol
It’s all in operational cost and if it’s a valuable resource

I mean like one that has a bigger tank and more agile. That helicpoter doesn’t really look like one that would be good for fighting for some reason, Idk though.

1 Like

It does amazing and has been proven effective! It’s really impressive the Aussie love it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.