Sky Harbor bonus pictures!

These are a continuation from my last post that didn’t make the first 10 pic limit amount for various reason. Without trying to use the same departure plane as a 2nd showing, i tried to selected different images and wanted to highlight a few more of that morning.

With the exception of a different type of bird, it’s noted that a hummingbird is useful to the learning curve of using a DLSR camera, particularly when shutter speed is of importance.

29 Likes

Cool pics!

1 Like

Am I correct in saying that the last picture is of an Airbus 737NEO-ER?

4 Likes

Wow! The 9th one, delta one on the sky team livery, my best friend was on that to Miami same reg about a month ago :0

2 Likes

It’s actually a NAV!

The AeroVironment Nano Hummingbird or Nano Air Vehicle (NAV) is a tiny, remote controlled aircraft built to resemble and fly like a hummingbird, developed in the United States by AeroVironment, Inc. to specifications provided by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). The Hummingbird is equipped with a small video camera for surveillance and reconnaissance purposes and has a flight endurance of up to 11 minutes. It can fly outdoors, or enter a doorway to investigate indoor environments. It was announced to the public on 17 February 2011.

3 Likes

wow! I didn’t know!

1 Like

nice military planes!

1 Like

you should upload these to jetphotos

1 Like

I’m getting alot closer to getting to the point where I’ll the conviction of knowing it should be accepted then just hoping or guessing by JP.

1 Like

Sky Harbor is one of the most rewarding spotting locations in my opinion. I’d actually argue better than LAX. The colors of the background, airport and aircraft as well as the sun reflections just blend together so well it’s almost hypnotizing. :)

2 Likes

Also, I’m guessing for the hummingbird photo your shutter speed had to be somewhere between1/2000 and 1/4000 right?

1 Like

The shutter speed on that hummingbird bird shot was at 1000. The best picture taken is at 1250 and the others were taken experimenting with settings. I should have had the speed alot higher then the 500 and 640 in the examples below.

1 Like

this photo is majestic. great work!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.