Skills test KSFO to PHNL

Just a short comment on FNF. After clocking up 330000 exp I got my first go around around twenty minutes ago. This was after approach forgot to vector me leaving me heading south I finally flew to short final where a slow moving departure caused my first go around . It went pretty smoothly but I now get that first taste of tunnel vision on a go around where conducting multiple procedures could result in a crash or stall or a ghost etc. I remembered the 3 golden rules so for those who haven’t had a short final go around yet keep it simple Aviate-Navigate- Communicate. Got her down safely second time around!

9 Likes

I saw you at KSFO earlier! Congrats on the smooth maneuver

1 Like

Yeah, couldn’t be better said.
A tip for everyone, if you haven’t experienced a “rejected landing” a go around after you pass your minimums, practice it in solo atleast a few times in solo.

2 Likes

Hi John hope you had a good flight mate!

1 Like

Congrats! If you haven already, Tyler made a great go around tutorial, I’d check it out!

Even I used it today in a Peach A320 at Narita!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing hope your go around was just fine too! I enjoyed it kept cool focussed on the job at hand. ATC were very busy but did a great job there this evening.

1 Like

Oh, were you Vietnam Airlines 7879? Great pics, by the way.

Was on ground, saw you taxiing to gate.

Yes I was were you at the airport or flying?

Ahh ok hope you enjoyed the evening too! Where did you fly today any go arounds? 👍

1 Like

I’m currently doing PHNL - EDDM

1 Like

Oh great gotta love those long hauls. Enjoy racking up that exp!

1 Like

Nice pics/edits! Congrats on your first go-around. I had one the other day at DEN because I was probably getting about 2 FPS (forgot to turn the graphic settings down) 🤪🤣

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.