Sinking Ground Glitch @KMIA

Device: iPAD Mini 4
Operating system: IOS

This morning, I was getting ready for a flight out of KMIA. I got my flight plan ready and began taxiing to runway 30. I was passing by terminal F and G when suddenly my plane sunk into the ground. After it sunk, I almost got an aerobatics warning as well as an overspeed warning. I then rescanned in thinking this was a one time glitch. So I taxied again to runway 30 and the exact same thing happened, proving this wasn’t a one time thing. So, I was just wondering, do any of the IF devs know about this glitch? Also, if they don’t, I want this be brought to their attention not only for KMIA but for other airports that may have this issue. Lastly, does anyone else suffer from this problem or is it just me?

This circle in this photo is where the sinking kept occurring.

1 Like

Hey, @Edited_Arrow!

I’m sorry to hear that you encountered the matrix at Miami. 9/10 times this can be resolved by clearing the scenery cache. To do so, open Infinite Flight’s settings and scroll down in the “General” tab. Second from the bottom will be a section labeled “Clear Scenery Cache.” Once there, click “Clear Cache” followed by “Confirm.” After, perform a quick flight on Solo. Your issue should be rectified after that. 😁

1 Like

Hey, sinking into the ground is an issue that, in my case, was solved by clearing cache. Try it and hopefully this will work!

There’s a solution in the IF user guide.

To resolve this issue, please try the following steps:

• Re-launch Infinite Flight (make sure you stop it from running in the background first)

• Before starting a new flight, go to Settings > General > Tap “Clear scenery cache” (it’s at the bottom)

• Start a flight (try on Solo first)

Note: In some rare cases, the steps above might not be enough. If that should be the case, you will have to reinstall Infinite Flight.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for the help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.