Singapore Airshow 2018: Better Late then Never!

Hey everyone, hope you’re having a great day so far! I took a short break from the forums to focus on my studies, but when I came back I couldn’t find any pictures at all from the Singapore Airshow.

Grab a drink and a comfy chair, and enjoy!

All photos shot with either a Canon 7D/ 70-200 f/4L or a Olympus OM-D EM 10/ 14-42 f/3.5-5.6 (the kit lens) and edited in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.

Starting off with the static display, here’s a couple of shots of the planes on show.

Republic of Singapore Air Force F-15SG

USAF E-3B Sentry and KC-135R

Airbus Defence and Space A400M Atlas

USAF Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

USAF F/A-18E Super Hornet

USAF F-22A Raptor

Embrarer E190 E-2 with a special paintjob just for the airshow.

Now, onto the more interesting part, the airshow!
Unfortunately this year I didn’t manage to get a ni

ce spot to take pictures, but I’m still quite happy with the shots. See what you think!

First up is the F-15/F-16 combo from the RSAF, with the F-15 sporting special colours for the RSAFs 50th anniversary.

_MG_7640
_MG_7641
_MG_7643

_MG_7756

_MG_7787
_MG_7795
_MG_7801

_MG_7857
_MG_8199
_MG_8201

Next up is the JAS-39C, more commonly known as the Gripen! This particular Gripen came from Thailand all the way here just to fly in the airshow.

_MG_7883
_MG_7896

Next is a F-16C from the USAF!

The next plane we have is a Su-30MKM from Malaysia! You probably would have seen a plane on the internet somewhere with high alpha and dropping flares- that was at the airshow!

Coming up next is the KT-1B (no, I don’t know either) being flown by the Jupiter flying team from Indonesia! These were particularly nice to shoot as the huge group meant I brought the right lens for a couple minutes there :D

_MG_8347
_MG_8351

_MG_8355
_MG_8364
_MG_8365

This shot is my personal favourite just because it was the only shot I got of the near miss pass (or would it be a near hit…?)

I’ve got a confession to make- there’s supposed to be a shot of the BUFF here, but I seem to have lost the photos! I’ll edit them in once I find them, sorry for that!

That’s it from me, and again I hope you’ve enjoyed the photos! Have a great week ahead, and I’ll see you in my next unnecessarily long post!

EDIT: I really can’t find the BUFF… so have this WMKK sunset shot instead!

24 Likes

Nice photos! Airshows are always fun!

1 Like

Unnecessary long? More like unnecessarily AWESOME! These are some fantastic photos mate!

2 Likes

Thanks! You also made me realise that it’s actually unnecessarily not unnecessary…too pedantic?

2 Likes

Haha it’s no biggie, and I wouldn’t really worry about it, I mean everyone makes that mistake lol.

1 Like

I have been waiting for this one, Ignatius 😀

Awesome shots as usual. I wish I could attend SIN Airshow one day 🙁

1 Like

It’s happening again in 2020, you could drop by then! I’ll show you around :)

1 Like

Great pictures. Ya, the singapore airshow was couple months ago.

1 Like

Awesome pics! Really liked the close up of the F22.

1 Like

WOW! Great shots man!

1 Like

These are some high quality photos right here!

Amazing shots!

1 Like

I was there as well! It was amazing and nice pics!

1 Like

Damn, some of these pics look like they’re straight out of a movie 😱

1 Like

Embraer don’t make the C series. Bombadier does.

1 Like

WOW Great photos…

1 Like

I would like to be there

Blue Angels will be in KMYR this up coming weekend 28-29 I will definitely have to post some now!

1 Like

The CS300 and A350-1000 were there, but only for the trade days, with the A35K there for the Asia tour. They left right before it was opened to the public.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.