Singapore Airlines' new Boeing 787-10 Regional Business Class

Here are a few pictures of SQ’s new Regional Business Class product, found exclusively onboard their recently delivered Boeing 787-10 aircraft.

9V-SCA, the first 78J delivered to SQ, parked at Gate C2 at Kuala Lumpur Int’l

A view of the Business cabin from the galley after boarding through Door L1

The cabin features 36 lie-flat bed seats in a staggered 1-2-1 configuration, spanning nine rows, between doors L1 and L2.

Middle seats alternate between having the table top in the middle or on the aisle side.

Window seats alternate between having the table top on the aisle or the window side of the seat. True window seats, like 17K which is shown above, offer the best privacy. It’s important to note that all seats offer direct aisle access, unlike on the carrier’s A330 and 777 aircraft that fly regionally with a 2-2-2 business configuration.

23.0" flat screens offer KrisWorld IFE, which can be controlled from a handheld remote, located below the seat controls on the side console.

Unfortunately, this SQ119 service (KUL-SIN) was delayed by over four hours due to nose gear issues. Always great when an aircraft that has been in service for less than a month breaks down…

Currently, Singapore flies the 787-10 from their hub airport to Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur, while services to Osaka and Perth will be added soon!

14 Likes

Business Class cabin is certainly a huge improvement from previous regional cabins! I’m looking forward to try it in the future 😊

I heard many passengers are complaining about the seat width on Business Class. Did you have any issues about the seat width? Anyway, thanks for a comprenhensive seat review

3 Likes

Nose gear issues already? interesting maybe that put the 787-8 front gear on the plane by mistake 😂.

Got to say amazing seats, love singapore airways Air New Zealand’s friend. Imo 2 of the best airlines in the world.

2 Likes

It wasn’t too much of an issue, but yes, the seats are long and quite thin, while the “entrance” is a rather small gap. It’s a squeeze to get in for the true window seats and middle seats with the table on the aisle side. But, this is only for short to medium haul flights, and it is quite comfortable as a bed. I read a review from the delivery flight, and I would agree that the seat would not be suitable for long haul.

@Matthew This was on 23/04, so at the time, only 20 days since the aircraft started revenue flights!! The crew were contacting Boeing to try and help fix the issue but it took several hours, and departure was delayed from 20:40 to 00:50.

SQ is a great airline, and they offer great hard products, but small issues like the seat width are a little disappointing. At least these seats have a footrest that is directly in front of you, compared to the 77W/A380 beds where you have to lie sideways to fit!

3 Likes

If it takes 20 days for it to be replaced how many damn times will the nose gear be replaced In it’s lifetime 😮.

1 Like

Dang! Business class is really nice and maybe something I would not have XD

1 Like

I really wish i could be you lmao

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.