Singapore Airlines Crowned Airline of the Year

Singapore Airlines has been named Airline of the Year by the respected Airline Excellence Awards. The awards were judged on safety ratings with factors such as fleet age, passenger reviews, profitability, investment, products and staff relations.

Picture from airlineratings.com

Unfortunately for Air New Zealand they have lost the title of Airline of the year, However Air New Zealand did manage to get Best Premium Economy and Best Airline Pacific.

Top ten:

1. Singapore Airlines

2. Air New Zealand

3. Qantas

4. Qatar Airways

5. Virgin Australia

6. Emirates

7. All Nippon Airways

8. EVA Air

9. Cathay Pacific Airways

10. Japan Airlines

Source

23 Likes

We Americans need to improve our game. We are nowhere on the list when we used to be the epitome of excellent service and quality.

Congrats to Singapore! For some reason, I’m not terribly surprised.

8 Likes

I wonder how is it crowned airline of the year when the tray tables are mouldy/dirty and windows are scratched for their old fleet.

3 Likes

I think it is partly thanks to the return of SQ21/22 to Newark which has boosted their revenue and luxury levels!

Ooooh That photo is the photo that the used to announce that my home city will be the launch city of the Airbus A350 - 900 for SIA, Also Both large aussie airlines made it!

I believe the year should be 2019 and not this year based on airlineratings.com?

SIA A350 is part of new fleet, probably there’s a large different in terms of cleanliness.

1 Like

WHAT?! I don’t know about other people, but all my Qantas experiences were really un-impressive. The A380 they fly as their flagship aircraft is supposed to feel like the biggest aircraft in the world, but from inside, it really feels no bigger than an Dash 8 because of how cramped it is. Bit surprised with Qantas but I can see how the others got those rating.

2 Likes

Wow congrats Singapore! I’m a little disappointed that ANA is 7th and JAL is 10th,but that’s still in the top 10!

1 Like

Well EVA Air is 5th btw.

1 Like

Please check pm

Interesting how 80% of that list is from Australia and Asia…

2 Likes

Guys just stop. I see no harm by the title in any ways. It is not misleading or click bait in any way. If you ever have a issue with a topic, please PRIVATE MESSAGE the person instead of saying it on the thread. Please do not also come out attacking. That is the worst way to solve a issue. Feel free to add me or even a moderator (at your discretion) to help solve the problem. Thank you guys for understanding and have a wonderful day.

3 Likes

I am surprised that Qatar was ranked higher than Emirates.

Not surprised at all, SIA is a great airline!

1 Like

Same too. Qatar uses A320s for 5+ hours(sometimes with no personal IFE) while EK throws in their 777 or A380 on the same route. But for business class Qatar is better than Emirates for sure especially on the widebodies.

Well who wouldn’t want to fly in this?
IMG_1148
Credit

3 Likes

Wonder why no American Airlines are here 🤔

1 Like

Do you mean AA or any American airline?

1 Like

Any American

Where are the American airliners?I thought American Airlines would’ve been in the top ten.