Simulate the current earthquake at the airport

Wouldn’t be cool when we have spawned or landed at an airport that was shaken by an earthquake in real life ? Above all airports in Japan for example, there are often shaken by earthquakes. Not only Japan, but it might be possible in other countries where the ring-of-fire passes

Ring of Fire map

37821b6af275b5182f53648bd9edcec6
https://id.pinterest.com/pin/573575702534122802/

ATC / IFATC operation when an earthquake occurs
so when, for example, later in an infinite flight simulating an earthquake, the movement of the aircraft is delayed and those that land are ordered to go around (or maybe diversion). According to the original procedure when an earthquake occurs.

So, what do you think ?

Well… just no.

It is probably impossible to get information about seismic events, as well as representing them, also the idea is terrible for IFATC who are controlling, and it kinda defeats the purpose of IFATC. And for anyone to fly, it ruins the joy of flying.

5 Likes

Hello,

This would be hard to script and make it more difficult to add buildings in the future. It would not assist IF in any way and would just be a wast of time and effort by the devs.

Sorry,
Blake

4 Likes

While it would be cool. It’s practically impossible as stated above.
Plus I don’t think I’d still be playing IF during a big enough earthquake.

1 Like

I think this would be so cool, but I don’t think it is necessarily a top priority. I don’t even think that top PC sims have this or are planning on developing it. Cool idea though :)

2 Likes

Yes, as what the peope above said, this would be almost inpossible to put in the sim

2 Likes

I didn’t even get my early warning until after the last quake reached me. But it would be cool if possible one day

1 Like

While this may be a neat thing to have, there are a far more number of flight related features that would have priority both in time and device resources.

5 Likes

Yes, maybe this is difficult or maybe it is not possible. I just aspire to my idea, due to quite a lot of earthquakes recently. Who knows if at some point it might be added to infinite flight, it will really add to the sensation and realism :) .

Yea I will also not play infinite flight even though the earthquake is small and only brief. However, I mean, if you land in another country or a place that is being rocked by an earthquake, it will be simulated to infinite flight :)

1 Like

Yeah that would be cool
But also crazy to know that a major earthquake is happening in another country you are landing in

1 Like

It would also be super hard for them to predict how the earthquake will affect places and when it will occur

2 Likes

Perhaps, who knows if one day this feature is added, it could be the first flight simulator to simulate an earthquake in the game … Yea i know more isn’t possible

1 Like

Yeah it’s impossible to predict an earthquake, which is why this would be difficult to implement. Even early warning systems aren’t always perfect, so getting it to IF by a matter of seconds seems impossible

2 Likes

Now for this I mean, there is a pause after an earthquake somewhere, for example Airport A was rocked by an earthquake just now, then an infinite flight simulates it a few minutes later

1 Like

still why would this be necessary when we could have way different things like water animations (possibly sea planes) ect and instead earthquakes that wouldn’t affect planes what so ever. Damage isnt simulated in IF except for crashing…

sorry to seem like im bashing this request but there is no point to it.

1 Like

Eh, that’s not really simulated either. Just a quick noise and a “crash” text in the middle of your screen.

@ouzi The idea isn’t horrible, but I just feel that this isn’t a priority or something that we would need anytime soon. Don’t get me wrong; it would be cool to have, but I don’t see it feasible or needed at this point in time.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s okay, each person has a different opinion. for this real time earthquake in infinite flight, I mean it can be last or later when everything is finished. (Reworked planes, water textures, buildings, taxiway lights and clouds later too).

1 Like

it would be cool if we had a partnership with Google Maps and when a earthquake happened the wreckage appeared with the scenery and buildings (when we get them)

There is a time a place for each request this one is just way down the line.

1 Like

I feel like this would be so selective though. Like how many times does a major airport get a good shaking, and what are the odds more than a player or two would experience it 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 Likes