Simming intoxicated

How bad is it if its revealed someone is flying in a MP server intoxicated? this is just my sheer curiousity. I assume its something looked down upon.

9 Likes

I was on the expert server while severely drunk last week (my friend had just driven me home after a party) and nearly crashed while taking off because I was so impaired, at least I was at home and not driving

9 Likes

Quite simply, if controller’s aren’t told, they wouldn’t know, and you’ll only be seen as a bad pilot. That said, if you do end up flying like an idiot, don’t be surprised if you get a report dished out your way.

1 Like

I reckon most people would deem you responsible for staying home while drunk and not cause any trouble.

Early candidate for 2022 IFC Topic of the Year, folks.

32 Likes

I don’t think it is that much looked down on since people usually don’t announce that they are drunk/intoxicated and it can be hard to tell just by the way somebody is flying, unless that is, the expert server and they are flying like a maniac but in my opinion, nothing bad, especially compared to driving.

Apart from that, I think a lot of IFATC members can assume that half the Expert Server is drunk given how people fly anyways.

6 Likes

I’d sometimes like to think you’re intoxicated too, sir.

2 Likes

PSA for all the folks here:

10 Likes

Show us the rest of that communications log :P

1 Like

@AviationReports

Found a new elective to pick up! :)

4 Likes

Okay because I’ve been flying while high, glad im not alone

3 Likes

Don’t care what other topics 100% what I’m voting for!

that’s a completely different story…

1 Like

How so? THC can actually improve ones performance

3 Likes

This explains so much.

7 Likes

Not sure if I can say this on IFC but we are going with it you would probabaly only hindering your performance lol maybe only improving reaction time 🤣

I’m not some menace when im playing the sim while high, I just might bank a bit too much

1 Like

I’m not saying I agree, I’m just saying I understand.

3 Likes

SO glad you do lol.