SimBrief Newest Update

Hello all…
Navigraph updated SimBrief to a new version and improved the interface and presentation to the user with many features added… My question is how can i copy the flight plan’s XML file name to paste it in FPLTOIF website? In the new update of SimBrief you can only download the file not like before when you were able to copy the title and paste it to the website?

3 Likes

Just select the .xml datafile text and copy it - then paste it into FPLtoIF

When i scroll to the (Flight Plan Downloads) section i can only find an XML DATAFILE without xml extension like before (that title with the name of the flight.xml)…

That’s not what I get - I get an .xml file name…for some reason you can’t see the file names for any of the options…

1 Like

How can i get the flight’s xml file name to copy it like the older version? I don’t get that…

the fact you can’t see the file names is really strange…might be worth just quitting simBrief and reloading it…see if that fixes it…

1 Like

Tried many times and tried from different devices and mobile phones but got the same result… Couldn’t figure out how to get the name with xml extension 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Mate - what you posted is just not helpful. OP can’t see the XML file name so he can’t copy it.

1 Like

I thought it might have been your browser but just tested with Chrome and I can see the file names just fine…

1 Like

So where can i find a link that has an xml file name in it to be copied?

That’s strange actually… I use Chrome too

1 Like

At this point its probably worth contacting Navigraph Support (Navigraph run SimBrief fyi) - see if they can shed a light on it:

3 Likes

Will certainly do after digging into settings to check if i miss something… Thanks for help…

No problem - always happy to be of assistance! If you have any other questions - feel free to send me a DM!

Have a great day!

1 Like

Anyone found a solution yet? I’m stuck with the same problem

1 Like

It’s time to advertise @AdamCallow 's magic tool again:

IF Flightplan Tools (if-flightplan-tools.vercel.app)

I’m pretty surprised that it’s not getting popular. Just a few clicks and it reads your latest simbrief flight plan and generates a .fpl file (or waypoints to copy for fpltoif fans). And since it uses custom waypoints for the file you can even enjoy a more updated AIRAC cycle than IF (if you own a navigraph subscription)

4 Likes

unrelated to your question but still important to know on the subject of this launch, imo:

you can now install SimBrief as a Home Screen (PWA) “app” and gorsh it looks incredible!

1 Like

Wow that website is awesome!! Thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

@FlightGT
You saved us with this amazing tool mate… I was looking for a site that can generate my latest SimBrief flight plan with those great options. I always don’t include the whole plan as i delete some waypoints to de-clutter the route and make it smooth enough… That’s what I was looking for 🙏🙏

Thank Adam for the tool 👏 It deserves more popularity

1 Like