Sim has become very laggy...

So over the last couple of days I have been flying a lot, but I have seen a significant increase of lag in the performance of the sim. Bare in mind, I am using an iPad Pro 9.7 inch, and it should be able to run IF on max everything, and it still lags, on all low settings, low aircraft count, anti-aliasing off and Low Power Mode on. I’m simply clueless as to what is wrong.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

9 Likes

Make sure before every flight to completely restart your device

1 Like

How is your internet connection?

1 Like

I definitely do that, Seb suggested that to me.

1 Like

Very good, never have issues, but I wouldn’t see how that would affect the performance?

2 Likes

Why?
Global is streamed to your device, which means internet plays a major part in quality and smoothness of flight.

What’s your storage at? How much available?

3 Likes

Internet is required for the streaming of the satellite terrain, weather, ect. If it was running slow I’d imagine there would be issues with lag. Perhaps try a complete restart of your device, and router, and see if that helps?

4 Likes

Fair point, but my internet is fine. I checked it earlier

1 Like

I’ll try that after this flight, thanks

3 Likes

Do you keep the map on your HUD view? That will cause the app to “lag” because of lowered frame rate (the map causes that).

If it isnt that be more specific with how the app lags please so we have more info to help troubleshooting.

3 Likes

The map isn’t always there no. And in lag, the panning of camera is slow and judders when moving, when in cockpit, in HUD-1, I noticed the Speed and Altitude pink bars that go up and down, are moving no where near as smooth as they should be, plus clicking on ATC buttons, clicking on a button, I click once, and the menu will stay open for a little longer, then send. @USA007

1 Like

Move it to HUD 2 should clean it right up. I dont use HUD 1 at all with the issues. Hopes this helps

5 Likes

I’ll try that, I keep it up just to keep safe with Over speed

1 Like

This happens to me as well with the IPad Air 2. If you’re gonna use the map, make sure you zoom out to the point where the waypoints aren’t visible. This somewhat helps me.

1 Like

Yeah it’s rather annoying. Just as i was typing this message my flight froze and crashed completely. I had strong wi-fi and all checkmarks were green. Restarted my device this morning and this was just my 2nd flight of the day.

The norm here is to do what everyone above says but there’s a deeper underlying performance issue with Infinite Flight since the update which i hope the Devs fix. An iPad pro should not be experiencing this at all, And restarting the device after every flight? What a waste of time.

2 Likes

“It lags” doesn’t tell us anything. From experience, ppl experience lag in very different ways and something that you might perceive at lags might be something different.

I personally have the same iPad as you do and always run at 60fps.

Can you capture a video of this lag and post a link here, it would help us investigate better the issue you are experiencing.

5 Likes

I’ve tried to take a video before and the lag wouldn’t get caught because the video itself wouldn’t record enough FPS for the lag to be noticeable.

I know this isn’t my thread but I’ll tell you how my iPad Air 2 lags:

• The overall fps drops to about 15-20 frames
  • My game freezes for 15 seconds randomly (as in I can’t move anything but I can still hear the engines)
  • When moving my camera, it glitches and teleports it. For example, if I’m turning my camera to go from one side of the plane to the other, it freezes for a second, then I find myself looking at the bottom of the plane.

This happens regardless of my graphic settings.

iPad Air 2
iOS 10.2.1
Latest Version of IF.

5 Likes

I am on the same boat as you. Internet is working fine, & my device is new… everything the same as you, Ben. It happened suddendly after the global update.

2 Likes

Post Global<Pre Global. enough said

3 Likes

Same thing here on my brand new iPad Pro from this year with all different graphics/live settings and restarting it

1 Like