Sim Glitching & Freezing

Hi IFC, I’m experiencing an issue with the gameplay at the moment. I’m currently flying a long haul from KEWR to DXXX and I’m not too far from descent. While manoeuvring through camera views and checking aircraft systems the simulator begins to glitch and start freezing. I’ve checked that everything is okay and it is. My wifi is running smoothly, battery is at 100%, live server is connected etc. I’m not too sure what is causing this problem. If anyone has an idea please let me know.

A long haul can be quite intensive on your device, and thus, you may see some lag. Older devices will tend to see more of these issues. What’s your device and your graphics settings?

1 Like

When your done with your flight, I’d restart your device to see if that works

1 Like

I’m currently using a 2018 iPad Pro and graphics are set to high.

Thanks! I’ll give that a try, hopefully it works.

Hmm, that shouldn’t have any issues at all. Give it a good old fashioned reboot like MJP said, and see if things improve. If it hasn’t happened before and this is a one-time thing/rare occurrence, I wouldn’t be too concerned.

2 Likes

Maybe take a look at this? Your device is on this list!

maybe set your graphics to low. I know it looks horrible but we all remember the 20.1 update

1 Like

Okay thanks, once my flight is over I’ll restart the device. This is the first time it has happened so I don’t think I should be too worried.

1 Like

I just switched them to low not the best resolution I’ve had but does the job. I’ll keep graphics on low until descent.

1 Like

There are a number of possible reasons for what you are seeing. Some of it may be app driven in terms of settings but some of it may be external to your app. Are you running other applications? 3rd party apps, etc. Has it happened with multiple flights? Your WIFI may be working but the quality and speed also make a difference. It could even be something with your ISP. Or even what you think is lag is normal program operation.

The best thing is to reboot before your next flight, kill background apps like instagram, and try again. Sometimes it was a volume thing on the server. Sometimes it was just a fluke and random thing. Even through two people may have the same two devices the make up of the device how it is being used may be different. I suggest trying the above and if you can get to a repeatable situation please get a screen recording of the issue and let us know.

2 Likes

This has never happened before. I usually ensure that I have no 3rd party apps running in the background and mute notifications. Wifi does sometimes cut out but I don’t think this was the problem as it was still connected properly to the live server. If this happens again I’ll be sure to take a screen recording of the problem. Thanks for your advice!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.