Significant issues with ATC connection and game crashes

Has anyone else had issues recently with IF?

Today, arriving into ESSA on a long haul from WSSS I noticed my ATC connection cutting in and out continuously while on frequency with approach and tower. Afterward, on a 3-mile final my game crashed altogether.

A few days ago I woke up to my long haul completely disconnected from the live server, which resulted in me having to quit my flight.

I’ve gone so far as to wipe/erase my iPad entirely and re-download infinite flight. I shouldn’t have much scenery cache and there’s 2 flights saved in replay.

My app is up to date, and I’m using an iPad Air 3rd Generation (released March 2019).

I’m at a loss with what to do as it’s almost impossible for me to complete flights. My graphics settings are also not on ‘high’ either.

Is this a common issue being worked on or acknowledged? I’d rather not participate or play knowing these issues are happening frequently.

Thanks in advance!

I have the iPad Air 3rd Generation and it works fine for long hauls on high settings. I have most, if not everything on high settings, and when I go to sleep, I plug it in and turn the brightness all the way down. The device is pretty devoid of apps other than Infinite Flight, though, so maybe the extra storage contributes to IF running smoothly. However, this shouldn’t be much of an issue considering you’ve reinstalled the app already. All I can tell you is that maybe consider restarting the app and/or your device prior to starting your flight, or maybe consider closing any and all of the apps that may be running in the background.

Do you potentially have any apps running in the background at the same time as Infinite Flight, for example IF operations, IF passengers?

Yes — I have IF Assistant, IF Ops, and IF PAX running.

Now I’m not sure if that’s relevant, because as recently as a few days ago I also had all three apps running simultaneously and completed a couple flights with no problem.

Before every flight, I also do a soft reset of the iPad. Hold power button, once “power off” slider pops up, hold home button.

Considering the third party apps never interfered before or after my iPad wipe I don’t think that’s the cause here. 🤷‍♂️

So with my experience having apps operating in the background on short haul flights is completely fine, but with active ATC, or places with lots of other aircraft, those apps on the background tend to cause issues like lagging and app crashes. That’s why I asked.

Yeah, that’s interesting. I’ve had those apps running for years and the game never had an issue. Is there another post concerning third party apps? The game and third party apps are all up to date.

The other night on a long haul my live server connection went out around the 3-5 hour mark (best guess based on XP earned during the flight). I chalked it up to my wifi being finicky, so last night into today I used my cellular data connection (unlimited, definitely not throttled, strong signal)

It was just strange overall to see the connection going in and out. The global server and live server connection would lose the check mark next to it and the upper right corner would show a red exclamation point instead of the usual green check mark.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.