Signatures

Is it possible to implement a signature system where you can have a message permenantly pasted beneath each of one’s posts? By that I mean…

[Content of post here]

[Thing gray line]

Desired signature text

Similar to the signature feature on airliners net.

Thanks and…

Best, Boeing707

2 Likes

Looks weird, what’s the point if they want to make it as realistic as possible, maybe signatures at airports to advertise VAs

Not in IF, but in the forums of IF

1 Like

You guys really aren’t supposed to be using signatures anyway. Everyone knows who you are by your profile anyway. It’s just that this hasn’t really been enforced.

3 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, and please don’t take this the wrong way (not trying to sound like a a**), but where does it say that you can’t have a signature?

Don’t worry I’m always open to questions :smile:

It says in the Discourse Community Guidelines: http://try.discourse.org/faq

I’ll paste the important stuff here so you guys don’t have to scroll:

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

• Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
• Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
• Don’t post no-content replies.
• Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
• Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.

Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a New Topic.
2 Likes

I honestly don’t care about signatures. If no one has anything against them, why enforce the rule, right? To answer Trevor’s question, I don’t think there is a way to do that.

1 Like

Thanks Sean, just wanted to make sure :)

1 Like