SID/STARS ruining FPL

Hey so, I’m trying to fly EWR-LAX on UA 772, tried using sids for departure and it worked, then set one for arrival into lax. Then I entered my flight plan which was copy and pasted, and it just overlapped it, I was expecting it to just fill in minus the sids and stars, thanks! I’m curious if I need to manually do my flight plan now or what, as the tutorial on the YouTube page had both sids and stars line up perfectly

Seems like you have a STAR and another flight plan which explains the overlapping. The flight plan you most likely got has two different SIDs and STARs that have been selected.

3 Likes

I recommend first adding the SID then paste your route in the flightplan and after that add your STAR

2 Likes

You can use the arrows on the FPL page to move the SID/STAR where it belongs, and your issue should be solved hopefully.

2 Likes

Just to add to this, if you have used fpltoif or simulr to generate your flight plan, I find it useful to copy that to my notes section on my ipad whilst entering in the SID, NAT (if applicable) and STAR etc, once I have those, then I know which waypoints to delete before adding in. This will avoid issues with the flight plan. As always takes a bit of practice but makes it worth while

3 Likes

Personally, I just copy the whole flight plan from simbrief/FpltoIF/etc, and paste it into IF. Once this is done, I just add the SID/STAR from the procedure tab at each airport. This does produce duplicate waypoints, but I just delete them in my original flight plan. I do it this way (versus deleting before pasting into IF) because there are times when the plans don’t exactly match. Adding the whole SID/STAR in on top of my full flight plan allows for me to “connect the dots” in a more streamlined manner. It’s a bit time consuming at first but after getting the flow down, it’s a really quick process.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.