Sid and stars

are all of the sids and stars the same as IRL?

Infinite Flight get’s it’s procedures from NavBlue, and yes, I do believe that they update the same as IRL

3 Likes

Yes, although there may be still some faulty procedures in the sim.

2 Likes

Yes NavBlue has all the information on sids and stars from rl

1 Like

The only flaw with translating from NavBlue to Infinite Flight is sometimes the altitudes get a little weird. For example, if a waypoint on a STAR is at or above 7,000 on the real life chart, VNAV will automatically take you all the way down to 7,000, even if you’re really far from the airport and don’t need to be that low. But, short answer, yes.

2 Likes

yes they are. although when i put in flightplans sometimes the waypoints interloop and i have to delete some of them.

1 Like

Yeah or the altitudes are messed up, like Rob_M (not gonna tag) said, or for example the last waypoint of my STAR might be at 6,000’, but then my first waypoint of my approach will be 7,000’. Check out for that

4 Likes

Yes I’ve noticed that on several SIDs and STARs. Even on just a STAR one waypoint will be like 8,000, then the next will require a climb to 9,000 lol

1 Like

I always double check the FPL to make sure the waypoints altitude are consistent
What I sometimes do not check out is the distance between waypoints esp on STAR.
STAR arrival at MROC today is a tricky.

1 Like

You can tag me… it’s not like I’m Josh

2 Likes

Who’s Josh?! 😂
@Rob_M happy?

Just the all-powerful moderator😂.

Anyways, back on topic. Was your question answered sufficiently @Lewis_Ryan?

1 Like

Yeah, stuff like that is not displayed correctly in procedures. On the charts it would be at or above 8000 and the next would be at or below 9000

2 Likes

Adding on what already has been said it’s also important to keep in mind that the procedures aren’t that regularly updated in IF, which means newer procedures can still be missing or new versions of procedures might not be implemented (yet) in IF.

3 Likes

yeah very much thank you guys, done a flight from paris to atlanta today

ahhh ok thank you

1 Like

Actually there is a small bug caused by a data format issue:
At some airports in the US, the data as the transitions listed without the final part of the STAR. For these arrivals you should add the transition STAR, remove the ending airport, and add the actual STAR again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.