Show appreciation to ATC all times

Hello if anyone is on live and someone says thank you good day thats me and I don’t do ATC alot tower and ground are always busy and to show appreciation to those people before you end your flight or switch frequencies you should say thank you or thank you good day

14 Likes

That seems unnecessary if you’re on a busy frequency.

10 Likes

“United 219, You’re Welcome”

2 Likes

That’s exactly why you should do it because that at least shows someone appreciates their work

6 Likes

No. It’s just an unnecessary phrase on the frequency. Time is precious, when you’re traveling xxxKTS in a pattern or enroute. I only do it when the workload is light.

10 Likes

The kind of appreciation we would love to get is when pilots follow all instructions with respect to traffic around them and make a conscious effort to be civil. When it’s busy, I don’t give a flying bag of manure on what other pilots are rambling on a tangent about; do what I tell you to do, and that’s more than thanks enough.

The gesture is appreciated, though. If I have some time, I’d gladly fire back. It’s about knowing when to speak when appropriate.

32 Likes

Thank you @Tristin_Woolf for all the work you do while you don’t control ☺

6 Likes

Speaking from being IFATC for 2 1/2 months now, I can say that almost all of us enjoy a simple thank you or something along those lines, even if we don’t reply. That is unless you say it at a time that very obviously implies you are being rude or sarcastic about it, you know what I mean. I had also made a topic on this type of thing before I joined IFATC, wondering how ATC view it. All the responses said they appreciate it. :)

9 Likes

Thanks very much for this reply and your service in ATC and “thank you good day”

3 Likes

I always am sure to say it as soon as I takeoff to tower, as soon as approach clears me to ILS/GPS approach I say it to them, and when I stop at the gate I say it to ground control. It shows that someone appreciates their work, it can definitely lift them up if they’re stressed out with a bunch of dimwits, or just having a bad day.

5 Likes

Don’t worry. My way of being lifted up after dealing with those nincompoops is to shout obscene language at the screen after clearing them. Those cluster pieces of [redacted] don’t deserve the [redacted] piece of crap I shove at them every day.

A year and a half changes a man.

14 Likes

Spam thank you.

Love it.

2 Likes

That’s why you are one of the best ATC out there.

4 Likes

I could not agree more. Personally when I’m controlling (even when busy) it feels good to hear the words thank you.

7 Likes

Thanks very much you guys deserve it

2 Likes

I also say “thank you good day” all the time.

4 Likes

He might well be the best.

3 Likes

Is always welcomed "thank you,good day ", generally I always give back "you welcome " if I don’t give back is only for 2 reason: 1)I’m extremely busy. 2) your acting is not good/I’m not happy with you.

5 Likes

For my sake let’s hope it’s not the latter of those two…I hate messing up and making you guys mad at me lol

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.