Should Windowless Aircraft Be Implemented in the Future?

I want to hear from you?
Should windowless airplanes be implemented in the future?
Yes or no? What for? Justify/Explain your reasoning.
Please don’t give three word answers, I would expect answers to at least two to three sentences.
There is a list of advantages and disadvantages of windowless planes below.
In addition to my own, there will be a reply wiki of advantages and disadvantages for you all to edit.

Please refrain from making polls.

Advantages

• Aircraft weight significantly reduced.
  • Fuel efficiency
  • Lower fares
  • ‘Beautiful views’

Disadvantages

• No natural light
  • No legitimate view
  • Fear of heights
  • Loss of genuine ‘beautiful’ views

Advantages

• Aircraft weight significantly reduced.
  • Fuel efficiency
  • Lower fares
  • ‘Beautiful views’

Disadvantages

• No natural light
  • No legitimate view
  • Fear of heights
  • Loss of genuine ‘beautiful’ views

The biggest point is that the air crew needs to be able to see smoke or other dangers outside of the aircraft in order to safely decide how to evacuate the aircraft in the event of an emergency. This pretty much out weighs all other disadvantages.

4 Likes

not air crew fire fighters dude :p

Firefighters don’t evacuate the aircraft actually, the flight crew and passengers open the doors and emergency exits from inside.

Without windows someone could accidentally open an emergency exit with an engine fire or other hazard right outside in the evacuation path.

I understand, but the views are real life views taken from a video camera on the exterior of the aircraft.

It’s an emergency situation, what will you do once the cameras aren’t operating?

1 Like

Nope. It would freak me out! I don’t like small spaces or heights. Don’t know why I like flying, but it does have something to do with the window.

So we know that everyone knows what this is in reference to…

The crew and passengers need windows so their eyes can adjust with the sunlight outside. It wouldn’t good if you sat in a dark room for 2+ hours and stepped outside into the bright sunlight.

1 Like

what are yu talking about lol… the cabin crew dont evacuate then check to see if through all the windows if anyone is still inside lmao…

You’re not following what I’m saying at all. When an aircraft makes an emergency landing, or any situation when there is a non traditional deplane procedure the doors and emergency exits are opened from the inside. This deploys the emergency exit slides. This has absolutely nothing to do with emergency crews arriving from the airport to assist. You need windows to see outside of the aircraft to make sure that you don’t start an evacuation into a hazard.

Not at all.

He’s talking about when evacuating there plane. The crew needs to get everyone out of the plane and down the slide. They could easily open a door, not knowing there is a fire on the other side.

Exactly, thank you.

But they can see.[quote=“tranquil_skyflyer, post:6, topic:86006, full:true”]
I understand, but the views are real life views taken from a video camera on the exterior of the aircraft.
[/quote]

i get that but thats not why nearly every seat has a window lol…

And like I said, if the cameras have a problem and aren’t working? Take the emergency situation out right now. I would be pretty unhappy if I paid for a plane ticket and had to stare at a blank screen because the exterior camera wasn’t working.

That is a big fat NO on the windowless aircraft! I am absolute on that decision, if they ever release a windowless aircraft, you will not find me in it!

I find the window is good to relieve Claustrophobia, it allows me to experience the beauty of the outside world with my own eye rather than a camera’s perspective. Windows must stay!

1 Like

But wouldn’t windowless aircraft be lest claustrophobic.