Should planes in Infinite Flight have the complete model number at the end ?

Hello everyone, it is necessary to have the 3 complete number at the end of the name of the aircraft in Infinite Flight ?
(Example: A320-200 should be A320-211, 212, 214, 216, 231, 232 and 233).
(The A319-100 should be A319-111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 131, 132 and 133). :)

No. If we were to make categories out of all of that it would be too complicated.

2 Likes

Okay fair enough, never seen that in my life😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Company and manufacture code I’m pretty sure. That’s what those last two digits are.

Another A319 (but 112).

Just a guess here. a that’s probably identification within Airlines…

Nope, lets not get carried away here lol.

Too many A319-111 and 112.

Ok so for Boeing I think it’s airline/customer codes, and Airbus for airplane configuration.

1 Like

I think that what we have now is fine. There’s no need to be more specific and confuse new members who don’t know what it means.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

3 Likes

Buggest Aircraft

Agreed with you.😀

Ryanair: 737-8AS

Since it’s not really a separate category it shouldn’t be made one either. But for explanation sake.:

For Boeing aircraft it is this.

The last two digits are the Boeing Customer code. Qantas’ Boeing customer code is 38 so all aircraft that it purchases brand new are XXX-X38, for example a brand new 747-400 for Qantas will then be 747-438. Other codes are like British Airways, 36 and Malaysian Airlines H6.
Please note that this is only for new Boeing aircraft. If an airline purchases a Boeing aircraft from another airline this code will not change to the new owners customer code. The code is their so that the original customer can be identified.

Airbus is different on the other hand.
Airbus sorts with configuration and modification.

The Airbus engine codes are as follows:

0 = GE
1 = CFM International
2 = Pratt & Whitney
3 = International Aero Engines
4 = Rolls Royce

Also, it’s the second number that identifies the engine supplier. The third number identifies the number of modifications that have taken place since original inception, such as longer range, increased MTOW, etc.

So like an Airbus A380-841 would be a A388 equipped with Rolls Royce engines.

8 Likes

So, in the next update, do you think it’s necessary to devs to add the complete models numbers ? :)

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Personally, I think this is a very unnecessary thing, and it’s not needed, as it will not benefit anyone in any way in my eyes.

1 Like

In my opinion, I think it’s necessary only on Airbus, because it would be easy to recognize the engines types on every aircraft of Airbus. :)
Take for example the Vueling A320 in infinite flight, it’s an A320-232 because it had the IAE engines.

All the engines are the same for all the planes. There isn’t enough variation in capability for them to develop and make two engines and two different engines sounds and recalculate all the performance characteristics.

1 Like