Should IF add enhanced cockpit features?

(You cannot vote for this)
Hey guys,
So I was just thinking about IF, and I was wondering if we will see some upgraded cockpit features in the future (things like AP off noise, terrain warnings, V callouts etc.). I think we pay enough money per month for IF pro, so why can’t we see things like this. While I know nothing about programming games, I think this will be easy enough to implement. I think that it is not worth it to have to pay third party apps just to have simple like this. But maybe Infinite Flight has a partnership with the third-party apps that prevents them from adding more features. Anyway if that were true I would call BS because this is a basic game for mobile devices, a great one and the best at that, but still a mobile device game. $80 a year should get you upgraded features, that’s all. Just my opinion. Please do not tear mine apart, just share your own.
Thanks,
HiFlyer

5 Likes

I believe there’re already feature requests on this, If you want you can vote for them wouldn’t mind these features to be implemented too :)

2 Likes

By the looks of it right now
Reworks seem to be at the top of the priority list
Two ways I could see enhanced cockpit features being introduced is by releasing a new aircraft like the A350,And reworks.
They seem to add new features to new aircraft a lot as we saw new views on the CRJ.With all of that being said,I think it’s unlikely.

3 Likes

I am not doing a feature request, but I have voted on them.

2 Likes

It’d be cool, but mobile devices have limits. My phone can’t handle Infinite Flight now because of the high quality of the new aircraft. But who knows, FDS always likes to surprise us!

3 Likes

The devs said that their goal for cockpits was to eventually add working instruments and warnings. I cannot give you a source nor can I say when. It is not speculation though. But as we are paying for Pro, the money that we pay doesn’t just go to their salaries, it also goes to fund for coding, research, and keeping the whole app alive in itself. Things will be improved in the future, but it will take time. :)

5 Likes

Don’t take this as a rant, but those are very minor things that third party apps can handle abo 1 or 2 dollars is very minor. You should think about all the hard work FDS is doing right now to provide for us, probably working long, sleepless nights developing. They have already exceeded our expectations and I for one think they just deserve some time just to recooperate. Sure the sim is expensive, but just know that this is there life. Anyways, IF doesn’t have a contract (I believe),but the person who developed it (@epaga) is friends with the dev team, and tend to try to make IFcompatible with his app, so I think it would be kind of an insult to his work if this was added. If you have a problem about the app, talk to him. Just Know that FDS probably won’t work on that for a while.

Sorry if it sounded like I was ranting.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I think we probably aren’t going to see an update like this for a while. It seems like most of their releases are related to new aircraft or aircraft additions/reworks.

I’ve always thought IF has been very clever, by showing us the cockpit, with a number of animations, and use the overlay HUD and buttons to actually control the aircraft. I really don’t see me pushing cockpit buttons on a mobile device, nor do I see the added value of this.

I have installed IF assistant for the aircraft and copilot call-outs; works most of the time. Perhaps IF could incorporate these into the software…

4 Likes

I‘m using IF assistant and am quite happy with it but I admit, it would be really awesome if you have those sounds be default or for everyone with a pro subscription. I’m sure those sounds wouldn’t be the biggest problem, FDS just needs to find a solution with the IF assistant dev.

Seems like a good idea but like the others said, this may already be a feature request.

You pay 22 cents a day for IF pro subscription we’ve had 4 updates this year plus hopefully more to come this year and your still moaning

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.