Should I send this to appeals?

Just want to hear peoples thoughts before sending an appeal. So after landing at Dubai, I was told to expedite as traffic was on final. After finally exiting the runway. I got a level 3 violation. Initially, I was confused but after looking back on the replay I realised I had accidentally vacated the runway and straight into another aircraft. My airplane count was set to none because my iPad runs hot without it. Also, I had the boxes and names turned off as it distracts me while landing at busy airports. Usually in that situation I would look at my map to watch out for other aircraft, but in stress while expediting, I didn’t notice.

Adding to this I had accidentally tuned out of tower before landing, I misclicked to tune out of tower, but I was coming over the threshold so I had to wait about 15 seconds when my fingers were off reverses and brakes.

All this stuff combined probably gave tower the impression that I was “Going Rouge” and purposely disrupting the server. When I wasn’t. I’m not blaming him for the violation.

So I’m just wondering if It would be worth to send a message to appeals. Would this result in the violation being removed? Obviously this is all my fault

3 Likes

Send the appeal anyway, then you’ll know for sure. Anything you get here is likely to be speculation.

3 Likes

Just PM your controller or @appeals and explain it. I am sure they will help you with a good ending

1 Like

I would PM the controller first and discuss it with them. Afterwards you can add @appeals to the PM if necessary.

1 Like

I’d say send it. I have gotten reported for the most dumb and unfair things before. Once at somewhere (I don’t remember) the runway had no exit at the end so I had to back taxi. The atc kept telling me to expedite but I had to back taxi as fast as I could and I wa a literally going like 80 knots down the runways. And they reported me. Completely unfair but that’s their problem for not noticing.

1 Like

Yeah dont worry this has happened to me aswell. When its usually busy like that next time check the map as planes might not load aswell there.

1 Like

By all means send it to the appeals, you got nothing to lose. Also PM the controller for the reason for the violation.
By the looks of it you seem to have made mistakes, and it’s imperative you learn from those mistakes like I have in the past.
I am much a better pilot for learning mistakes and how not to do it again or avoid the scenerio from happening.
When the instruction come in asking you to expedite, the stress levels go up a little, I’ve been in that situation; speeding up on the runway but then missed the next available taxiway and made a mess of it😂
The key is to keep calm, be aware of the surroundings so if an aircraft is close behind you on final you should be prepared to exit as quick as possible in a safe way
Hope this helps?

1 Like

It’s all about experience, and I never been comfortable flying on Expert Server until I have gained 1M XP.
Seriously.
And I made mistakes on the way but now I haven’t made any for a long while and may it long continue!

1 Like

As much as ATC can hurry you to expedite, your the PIC, and the controller isn’t. Don’t let them rush you into panicking and taxing off quick or into another aircraft. It doesn’t do good for anyone. If the guy on final behind you has to go around, so be it. Remember you are the PIC

Do note that aircraft taking off and landing have the utmost priority when it comes to airport operations

1 Like

You said you got a level 3 violation for taxiing through an aircraft? In that case it should have been a level 2 violation and not a level 3.

Really? Are you sure?

Just checked, taxiing through an aircraft is indeed a level 2 violation and not a level 3!

1 Like

I would just send it to appeals. Make sure you have the name of the controller. A photo of the incident and any other information. In my eyes this probably won’t get reversed because of the fact that this was technically your fault and not the controllers mistake.

But surely this should be a level 2. As stated above it should be a level 2 violation

Well, the easy way to figure that out would be to go into your logbook and take a screenshot of what the report says.

Says “flying through aircraft” but I was on the ground

Anway I think what was said before is just to contact the controller which will give you an better insight of what happened , and they can discuss with you via PM.

Oh. Seems like the Tower frequency reported you. Not the Ground frequency. Taxiing through others is a Level 2. Flying through others is a Level 3. It’s possible that ground wasn’t active or you were on Ground and they just didn’t notice you. It’s likely that Tower put this decision in their own hands. Now instead of rambling on here, I suggest you do send that PM to Appeals. There’s not much more I can do.

1 Like

Just contact appeals, who better to decide if a violation should be removed than the ones assigned to do it.

2 Likes