Should i avoid ATC that still learning?

Hi guys, i am just wonder what should i do there is ATC on TS that still learning or don’t know what to do and just say some randomly thing to me because i have no idea what should i do.

4 Likes

Take a read on the #tutorials catergory!

6 Likes

If he is giving you orders that don’t make sense, I would just disregard his messages. That what I always do when I’m flying on TS and the ATC just says random things.

4 Likes

what i mean is ATC on TS is not doing what i request or say randomly thing that i don’t request what should i do with that situation?

1 Like

Are you the controller or the pilot?

im a pilot

1 Like

The only thing I can suggest is flying more to get to Grade 3 where there will be very experienced controllers and they can help you!

2 Likes

well… im already grade 4 😂 i just flying on TS in LHR so i can have ATC to control me but ATC just call random things.

1 Like

The problem is you can’t really get I touch with the controller over the if Website since he isn’t a IFATC. I would eather just not talk to him or divert to a different airport if he is to annoying.

1 Like

sound good

Which airport are you flying to?

1 Like

well this happened yesterday i was planning to fly from London Heathrow to Rome but i want some ATC to control me but their is no ATC on ES at Heathrow so i design to fly on TS, ATC was there and this happen ATC dont do his/her jobs

1 Like

Just follow normal takeoff/landing procedure. If you have to, use Unicom. It’s always available, 24/7/365.

3 Likes

You can always avoid those airports with active ATC (LAX, EGLL, JFK etc). There’s no forcing folks into flying to/from airports with ATC. You have the beauty of flying the entire globe. There are people on expert server that always don’t fly to active ATC airports. You’re free to do whatever you wants. It’s your choice. 🙂

3 Likes

TS is a learning environment and you find some very skilled ATCs, as well as guys that are just learning this for the first time. I recommended you be patient and always try to follow the ATCs instructions the best you can. This way, the ATC can learn. Only when the ATC instructions make no sense at all, say ‘sorry’ and do your own thing, with great consideration to others of course.

There is an ATC request thread out there, where you can request ATC services on TS.

3 Likes
1 Like

That’s the reason I control KPDX on TS to be as professional as possible while still learning plus fly to and from KPDX since it does not usually have as much activity

MaxSez: Yes, avoid its common sense! Every Fledgling Control who ventures forth on the Trainer must prepare them selves. Tutorials, UTube Video, Live ATC, The Airplane Flying Handbook. the list of preparatory material is endless. Best case for the PIC in these situation is “Divert”. Best Case for the Fledgling Controller, just sit at any Controlled airport and observe and absorb the routine before making a mark that will come back and bite you!
MaxSends

1 Like

It’s also important that you’re sure you know what certain instructions mean because I’ve had people disregard so many times when they disagree or don’t understand what I’m telling them to do.

I’d just go somewhere else