Should airports that get closed remain in IF?

Odd questions some may ask, but for example some great airports have been closed (Kai Tak) and will be closed (Tegel Airport), ranging from most extreme landing to most efficient airport in the world. Should these be added? So I have two polls:

Should closed airports like Kai Tak be added?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

1 Like

Should soon to be closed airports like Tegel be added?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

1 Like

can someone fix my polls? like a regular won’t show the first one for some reason

Well I think that all closes airports should be added but have them in the way they look now (with x on the runway etc.) except for airports like kai tak because that’s an airport people want to fly into and no one wants to land in Kai tak where everywhere you go there is an x

kai tak has construction sites on the field want those added too? XD

They said as long as it has good imagery

If the airport can be added to be as realistic/high quality as others, then certainly.

However if it is a small airport with little to no historic significance (FLU in the NY region), then it shouldn’t be added.

FLU has absolutely no significance to NY aviation, partly why it was closed was because of proximity/traffic issues with LGA, it’s better to not add small airports like these. It’s just a swamp now.

However those with more significance (Kai Tak, Tegel, Meigs, Tempelhoff) can/should be added, since they will actually be used.

For ex, Meigs is a fun airport for the Dash 8. It has proper ramp space, right by the water, and has a short runway, allowing for a different experience from the larger, inland airports (Midway, O’Hare). Different feel to it.

3 Likes

All airports that are demolished IRL should not be added if u ask me…maybe they could add it if runway and parking space are still not demolished but terminals are IRL…

do you you think they should add the syrian refugee tents in Templehof too? XD crazy how airfields get used after they are decommissioned.

Kai Tak would be a good one

They should put the hill where planes used to turn around for final approach

1 Like

I’m sure they would they have been very good with terrain :p

I want Kai Tak :-)

1 Like

People could fly some old warbirds to Berlin Tegel… Berlin Airlift would be an epic event when that comes! :D

could do Tegel to Templehof

I forgot which was the one in West Berlin… :P

1 Like

Kai Tak definitely. It’s special, and will be a joy to fly to!

2 Likes

So many people will be there when it comes… VHHX lives in us forever and ever!

1 Like

Great airport, that will dearly be missed. 😔

R.I.P (1925-1998)

4 Likes

If the airport still exists in real life (left without being destroyed), like KUIL, then it should remain. If it’s gone, like Kai Tak, then we should not have it.