Short routes that I can fly using big planes

What are good short routes to fly that are flown in big planes, I’m not talking SFO-EWR in 777 which is a 5-6 hour flight. I mean a flight like DEN-SFO which is only 2 hours in a 777. I couldn’t find many results looking through the forums

1 Like

YSSY to YSCB
Qatar 777-300ER.
30 minutes

6 Likes

Dubai to Kuwait is operated by the A380

5 Likes

Well you can fly from Dubai to Muscat using the emirates A380.

1 Like

Dubai-Muscat

2 Likes

Come on, it’s Infinite Flight! The possibilities are truly endless. No one’s going to get on you for flying a real life short haul route in a widebody. Don’t get caught up in the realism so much, but rather use your imagination to explore. Cheers!

10 Likes

Toronto to Vancouver in a 789

I just recently flew RKSI - ZBAA (about 1:30h flight) in real life on a Korean Air 772.

Look for routes in Asia, especially Japan uses a lot of heavies for short hauls.

2 Likes

I saw a Delta Airlines A330-300 flying from ATL-MSP, and this was in real life.

1 Like

Sydney to Melbourne, A330 - 200, not in IF though

1 Like

EGLL-LEMD, KDFW-KORD
Try searching any route that is between 2 major airports that are hubs of the same airline (like dfw to ord) or codeshare (like lhr to mad)

2 Likes

SAEZ-SCEL on the LATAM B789. Daily route taking 1:50. Also a great chance to explore the mountains around there

3 Likes

KMIA to KJFK American Airlines 777
AAL actually operates the 777 on this route

You can always fly the classic KLAX-KSFO in a UA B777 or B787 or if that’s not your cup of tea you can check FR24

3 Likes

If you like to fly in Asia, I recommend the busiest route in the world, RCTP-VHHH, you can see the beautiful scenery of the mountains of Taiwan, the fastest record I’ve done is 75mins with 77W @ FL390.

1 Like

Are you sure with that? 747 used to fly Japanese domestic flight and thousands of 773 are flying between Taiwan and Hong Kong every month!

KMIA-KJFK, KIAH-KDEN, KIAH-LAX, KIAH-KSFO, KDFW-MIA, KEWR-IAH are all 772’s. Some AA, some UAL. All are 2-4 (max) hrs.

2 Likes

I know that there are lots of opportunities to fly the 777 or 787 around Japan and still being realistic

1 Like

Houston to San Francisco (United 772)

Vancouver to San Francisco (Air Canada 788)

Seattle to San Francisco (United 753 (if you consider that a “large” plane))

O’Hare to San Francisco (United 772)

Amritsar to Delhi (Air India 788)

Mumbai to Delhi (Air India 788 and 777)

Heathrow to Helsinki (Finnair A330 and A350)

And many more! Just look for routes with high demand and you should find a few large aircraft flying that route (not always though)

2 Likes

Check out AF or KLM fifth freedom flights, many with heavys that are under 2 hours.

DFW to ORD b789 is a regular flight
DFW-MIA in 777’s