Shocking Pilot

I was just on final to London Gatwick, and was forced to go around (on very short final) when a 777-200LR came onto the runway and took off. I was sure to spam Unicom with “on final” so there was no way he couldn’t notice. When I went around, he proceeded to fly dangerously close. This is on expert, I’ll be providing a clip after I land

1 Like

Read the bottom

Spamming “on final” probably wouldn’t have helped the situation. As unfortunate as it is, there are still a lot of people on expert with no regards for rules.

Best thing is to be the mature one and go around (like you did).

2 Likes

Some pilots are real pains.

You did the professional thing.

If a pilot does continuously fly through a large airspace with busy traffic, purely to troll, and going through other aircraft repeatedly, it is a reportable offense. This was just plain annoying.

This has happened to me a few times. Just expert isn’t what it used to be. What I suggest is you find the person (and report it to a moderator) regardless if they’re on the community or not.

1 Like

On final, gimme a sec

1 Like

Public shaming is not how we treat these situations on the forum. If an event is severe enough then a moderator can step in. Thank you for going around.

4 Likes