Shocking behaviour on the Expert Server - Something finally needs to happen!

Actually at the point you get to grade 3 you should be able to do an Expert Sever test restricting it to grade 4’s is unfair.

3 Likes

Remember though if it was an iOS user they wouldn’t have seen the 787 coming in

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Should be grade 4 and 5 only !

8 Likes

yes but he may have not got the update because it took me a long time to get it because i got a message saying download unavailable

1 Like

but Tom grade 4 and 5 only shows that you are active not actually knowledgable about aviation

7 Likes

1 Like

Did you control me @BavariaAVIATION? TSK3?

was there ATC

Bit harsh on that one. Maybe those ghosts could reset every few months.

2 Likes

good idea maybe not a few months more like half a year cos i havent got a single ghost ever so cant be that easy to get

2 Likes

I can only agree. I checked in just now to control KSAN Approach and I couldn’t deal with it. 40 inbounds, everyone doing what they want, overspeeding (250kts 10miles final and number 2 in sequence…), not entering hold, spamming frequencies, requesting ILS Approach at KNUC or KPSP although I’m KSAN. Or a LOT come inbound at FL200, 400kts and request ILS Approach 20miles out, cutting in line, dozens of runway incursions every day on IF. Guys, if we really really were nitpicky about the runway incursions, every 2nd aircraft would have to go-around because your nose is on the runway.

It’s NOT fun to control. And then we get all the blame of you guys because you have been ghosted or had to wait too long. I demand an entrance test for the Expert Server, Ghosting results in one week ban, lowering the speed limit to 500GS until Global is here.

11 Likes

I read through your comments closely and I have to agree it’s maybe slightly too harsh. Edited and added points.
But most of you don’t see the controllers’ side.

@LSZH34 has given a perfect and extremely accurate in-depth view on what’s going on on the other side.
It’s just not fun anymore to control. You can do what you want, plenty pilots won’t understand what you mean nor do what you want them to do because it guides them off their flight plan / takes them to long et cetera.
We controllers all took weeks of training and several tests to finally be able to control serious and knowledged players. In the beginnings this was the situation, nowadays your airports are pumped with players who won’t follow instructions at all.
And what I’m desperately trying to achieve is that we swipe out exactly these people who destroy the advanced environment like we had it months ago.

7 Likes

Get your point, but we’re only talking about the Expert Server.
We only want to lock the door for people who have no rights to be on this Server due to their behavior and let them fly on the lower-ranked Servers until they’ve learned their lesson.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with higher grade reqs because the same people that bother will just take some time and be back on advanced to bother us again and not that all G3s are bad , I strongly agree with a theory test (20-30 questions) and you have to get 25+ questions right to be permitted on to Expert. I just say an American 787-9 stall out on KSAN final approach…

This really needs to be stopped. It usually gets very hectic and people do not listen when there is a lot of traffic like in your situation. You should ghost all of the users that do not respond, listen, or do anything without your premission.

2 Likes

Easier said than done.
You have to take a screenshot of the instruction log before ghosting and you gotta warn them 1-2 times first.
Sometimes it is simply too hectic and busy to warn, take the screenshot and ghost, so I just let them be and let them do.

2 Likes

The problem is we HAVE to warn them first before ghosting and take a screenshot. It draws way too much attention away and you miss a clearance for an ILS approach or a vector you could have given earlier or you oversee obstacles you want to avoid and all that just because 1 person doesn’t want to slow down or turn to hdg xx…

2 Likes

MaxSez… Beside an IF Pilots school house like IFATC how about an XP point reduction for a Ghost. Minus 5000 XP each occurrence seems fair. That will keep the boys & girls on the farm team for sure… Just sayin…

11 Likes