Shocking behavior on the Expert Server

We have been “discussing” since my topic which was a few months ago, no actions has been taken.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I have been seeing these shocking behaviours on a daily basis. I’ve gotten to the point where I just could not be bothered to create a topic/ do anything anymore. Mark my words, let’s see when will I start to lose my patience and delete this sim forever.

5 Likes

At this point, i honestly think you will get a more realistic experience on the Casual Server.

10 Likes

Yea how funny… Let see when will IF do something. If I remember correctly I have been raising this issue in this forum since 2 years ago

4 Likes

I personally think this is happening because there is a ton of new people who get into this game and just do touch and goes instead of learning how to fly, land and talk to ATC. they just want to get into the server for expert.

Personally the touch and goes should not count towards your stats i think there should be a minimum time and or just has to be another airport to land to and not the same repeatedly.

Or they can just add a limit of how many landings can improve ur stats.

3 Likes

this has been a thing for a long time now, its just not been noticed by players until recently. a few months ago, i was doing a flight down to LAX. on landing (25R), an aircraft on the other damn side of the runway decided to line up on runway 7R and commence a take-off roll. i had to go around and unfortunately came in too fast on final and crashed. absolutely ridiculous that players are doing this.

5 Likes

Damm that’s unfortunate

3 Likes

Agree that the number of landings should not govern your grade. For example, controlling KLAX on Expert and a Grade 5 pushes back without request and then says sorry when given a warning.

One would expect that Grade 5 would know what they are doing. Apparently not though, sadly. On closer look, when you see over 800 violations, over 5000 flights and less than 2000 landings, you start to get a picture of the type of user playing the game.

2 Likes

I totally agree, it’s also frustrating when we controlling and these low-time pilots do what the please.

However I think there should be a training school leave the requirements as is, but then do what VATSIM does is before you fly you go through “PPL training school” where you learn the basics that would assist low-time pilots in my view

1 Like

Something I really don’t like is when people don’t use the right terminal with the right airline. For example, at JFK united does not use JFK (except for a single flight to KLAX at terminal 7) yet people still spawn in with united at every other terminal.

5 Likes

Ok, I think thats a bit extreme! We cant go round cancelling and removing access from the server for this, as it is a bit too over the top for most people. It doesn’t actually affect your gameplay if someone spawns in the wrong airline in the wrong terminal, but people taxiing and flying into you is!

NemAir ✈️

5 Likes

I also think that realistic aircraft restrictions could be implemented. Example, controlling YPAD and an A388 is allowed to spawn in at this airport. This does not happen in real life. The largest aircraft allowed is the 773.

5 Likes

Mods… please help us with this problem. It’s really annoying that I can’t go on expert server without childish behavior. That is what casual server is for. When I want to mess around I go to casual or go into solo mode. Not expert server… it’s in the name EXPERT not be a child server

2 Likes

Yeah agreed

2 Likes

There are so many things that need to be addressed in expert server, IF tried making a more “pro” server but the activity was extremely low! It’s a difficult thing to deal with!

2 Likes

Yea I understand it’s just getting old.

1 Like

I won’t argue with you.

2 Likes

Sorry I was saying you’re right it is getting old!

2 Likes

Ohhh sorry I miss understood you. I’m so sorry

2 Likes

It’s all good! Expert server should be “expert” users!

2 Likes