Share your experiences with very inexperienced pilots and ATC here!

I’m pretty sure that most if not all of us have come across some very inexperienced pilots and ATC in our time on Infinite Flight Live. Share what happened here, however please leave out nicknames/callsigns. If you have any pictures you are more than welcome to post them just please edit out the nickname and callsign.

One time I was on approach to runway 24 at KNUC, and the ATC broadcasted that we were changing to runway 6. But however, he was still allowing planes to take off from runway 24 but have planes land on 06. Then he decided to do the opposite, do takeoffs at 06 and landings at 24. So JUST as I changed my flight plan to go to 6 he told me to land on 24 again. And about a mile from the runway he told me to go around make right traffic for 06, because some guy was taking off from 06 and would hit me in the air. So I went around to 06 and I heard he was now clearing some planes to land on 06 and others to land on 24, and takeoffs on 24. He cleared me to land on runway 06. Right when I touched down on 06 there was a plane taking off from 24 and another one that landed on 24, but I still had to taxi all the way to the end of the runway because NUC only has 3 enter/exit taxiways from the runway. As I was exiting the runway he tells me I was not cleared to land. I burst out laughing and then switched off the frequency.

6 Likes

I haven’t seen any experienced pilots in a while, probably because I haven’t flown on the training server that much, but I have witnessed a pilot crashing onto the taxiway after takeoff @PHNL Expert.

3 Likes

Just search for ATC and TS1, you’ll find a plethora of inexperienced user stories.

5 Likes

I wS flying at 50,000 feet in a test flight on an aircraft I was messing around with, I had tower contact me (don’t know how he did it) and tell me I’m cleared to land runway whatever. I looked at the map and it looked like I was on final, I’d managaed to line up with the ILS cone in the route I was flying. But he never checked my altitude. I was 45000 feet above his airspace lol.

Another time I was flying above an airport in SoCal and the ground controller told me to contact him. I refused, obviously, and he told me to check help pages.

6 Likes

Literally this sums up most of the pilots on the Training Server

8 Likes

If you don’t like the way others fly, go to expert.

1 Like

I don’t like the way you fly (using the entire runway for takeoff). So going to expert won’t always help 100%. Lol.

5 Likes

My most recent “incident” was when I was trying to push back and a 787 was blocking me, I waited there for about five minutes but he still wouldn’t move, so finally I just went only to have ATC tell the 787 to expedite. Pretty much sums up KLAX on the training server…

2 Likes

Seriously, when will the moderators add #rant xP

2 Likes

MaxSez: Practice makes perfect. I don’t find anything funny about Grade #1/2
pilot or controller error! We were all there once. Just go for it, gather that flight time Fledglings, master the craft. Now Grade 3+ that’s a different story, there Errors are not funny either. It’s sloth, failure to master the craft or an indication the pilot/controller is a malcontent or Peanut. Master your Trade and take care of business it called Good Airmanship or Professionalism.

6 Likes

Try controlling it for 30 minutes… It will make you scream and smash something (that something being a table that now has a dent in it)

2 Likes

Rotate @ 210kn FTW. :-D

2 Likes

I’ve controlled for 3 hours once, not that hard.

(Then again, Im controlling on expert. You still have pilots that annoy you)

4 Likes

Rocco thinks he’s cool now by posting topics on the forums😪

1 Like

Why make this type of post? Just to shame people publicly, that’s why we can message and so forth. We where all there once. When live first started it wasn’t until the forum that I knew what a pattern was. when I started controlling it was all foreign what’s an ILS, why do I need to clear for the option ect. Almost everyone here as absolutely 0 flight experience. I’d rather try and help teach then shame.

3 Likes

I’ve always been “cool” lol Jeff

I said to not publicly say their call sign and nickname to avoid embarrassment

Some feel the need to gratify and elevate themselves by attempting to shame impropriety and those less “experienced” than themselves.

I’ve seen pretty good people on TS1. But on the other hand it’s called training server for a reason.

I try to make it feel more realistic for me but it’s kinda hard when you have a FedEx 208 popping a wheelie right next to you and when having a cirrus attempt a landing with a 26 knot crosswind then lands on you instead 😂

1 Like