Share the best spotting location you ever been!

TWA definitely is the spot at JFK. It’s got fantastic views.

1 Like

KCLT, non stop traffic

1 Like

@CharlieChang There’s a great viewing park at KGRR
(edit): That’s where I got my profile picture

1 Like

If you ever find yourself at PAJN, they have a trail that goes right past the end of runway 8, where he planes fly right over your head. You can even see the seaplanes taking off and landing too.

The overlook at KCLT is great too.

And if you go to KEQY (which is south of KCLT), there are a bunch of places just outside the airport where you can go spot, and there are a few roads near the airport (I dunno if they allow parking). And on special events like airshows, you can go on the ramp!

1 Like

TWA Hotels?

Yes. Check Pingu’s photos above if you’re interested. :)

1 Like

UPS’s Cargo Ramp ;) KLAS

10 Likes

Nice photo of the Virgin 747

1 Like

Obviously this is going to pop up quite a fair bit, but Myrtle Avenue, Hounslow is a pretty obvious answer, with it, you get shots like the ones below which are absolutely wonderful, as well as the variety of aircraft that Heathrow can present

1 Like

Cannot disclose location as there is no public access to it

KPHX’s Terminal 4 parking garage offers views of everything. Especially when planes are taking off on the 7s and 08.

Definitely Cork Airport (EICK)

1 Like

My room window. I occasionally see some fighters passing by and ever so rarely an Air Force cargo plane.

Arguably the best spotting location in the world.

1 Like

Until the dead periods hit.

1 Like

The water tower at KSEA.

Amazing variety and great shots of heavies and takeoffs!

or take a helicopter and fly at 2,000 feet over KATL cough cough Ryan

5 Likes

I would have to say most likely 120th Avenue in Denver, the East Garage in Denver during golden hour, the outside area outside of BJC, and when it’s fire season and there’s MD-87s in town, right next to them at the fire service area. You get up nice and close to the unique planes that are there.

The two DEN spots:

BJC Spot 2:

BJC Spot 1:

5 Likes

There is this little pullout on Laughlin Road near KSTS that is the best spot to go spotting at KSTS.

)

2 Likes

Always pretty to see those shots.

Secondly, better get to mine.

This spot is pretty well known, all things considered. It is the primary spot of 90% of the people that spot at PDX.
Screenshot 2020-12-09 110447
I am, of course, referring to the garage. Or to be more specific, Level 7 of the Short Term Parking garage. This spot is one of the best because it has views of both of the primary runways/landing strips of PDX, as well as easy access to the airport terminal. If you have the right conditions, the garage is perfect for spotting.

Here is one time when I caught a surprise growler visit.

3 Likes