Shandong Airlines Boeing 737-800

Shandong Airlines Boeing 737-800 Request

Credits

Shandong Airlines is a domestic Chinese airline based mainly at airports in the Shandong province, headquartered in Jinan. The airline operates an extensive domestic network linking major cities within China, with hubs in Jinan Yaoqiang International Airport, and Qingdao’s Liuting International Airport, with Beijing, Chongqing, Xiamen, and Yantai being focus cities that they regularly use. International service to South Korea and Japan also exist. According to planespotters.net, the airline possesses a total fleet of 121 737-800 aircraft, 3 737-700’s, and 7 737-MAX 8’s, with a further 9 on order.

I believe this livery would be a great addition to Infinite Flight. For one, the simulator is seriously lacking in liveries from China, so this would be a great way to remedy that issue. Second, their network would allow so many opportunities to fly in China realistically, where looking up routes with the mostly underused (in terms of the real world) liveries that we already have would be so much less of a pain than it already is now (Fun fact: They fly about 60 times as many 737-800’s compared to the retired and severely underused CRJ that we have). The livery in itself is extremely beautiful despite its simplicity and looks real nice both in daylight and night time, as shown above, which basically seals the deal as to why I want this.

More about Shandong Airlines:

More about the Boeing 737-800:

That would be nice to have, China is so underrated and there are so few Chinese airlines in IF!

8 Likes

Agreed, China is seriously incredible!

5 Likes

Voted! I would love to see this in-game!

5 Likes

Thanks! Your support is appreciated, Jarret!

3 Likes

Shandong Air serves airports of all shapes and sized around mainland China, from the bustle of Beijing to the remoteness of Kashgar and Ruoqiang. There’s potential for some seriously good scenic routes that are often overlooked!

5 Likes

Definitely recommend those routes to Xinjiang, the view is so breathtaking 😍

3 Likes

Recently, you may know that Qingdao’s new Jiaodong airport has opened this month. This is one of the two main hubs for Shandong besides Jinan, a little further west. This aircraft will be perfect for the usage of the airport, with the utter abundance of routes it serves!

1 Like

Yes, Shandong Airlines is also currently one of the busiest flight company in China now, most operations in east part of China. This is my favorite livery, and that’s why I really wish the IF team could add it to the B738 model. I fly with SDA every weekend for 2 years when I was a kid (seriously every weekend), it really carries lots of memories of mine. The IF kindly added this livery in CRJ-700 in 2018, but this model is no longer in operate. I really wish to know how this livery could be added in B738, I will definitely fly the model every week. And many thanks for making this livery vote, really happy to see some people share the same wish on a specific livery.

1 Like

It was a ‘nice to have’ feature, but the decision in hindsight was very questionable indeed.

We can just dream for now, just gotta bring enough attention it.

1 Like

Totally agree

1 Like

Yeah, about that, the Shandong livery in CRJ-700 model, when the IF team posted on Instagram about what liveries we want before release the model, I texted them personally on Ins and asked whether the SDA could be added. To be honest I love the CRJ-700 most, it looks like a phoenix to me and with the favorite livery it’s definitely the ultimate dream, sadly in real world this model only stays a short while in SDA, then they changed all to the Boeing 737 series. I don’t know whether the SDA livery has sth to do with my texts, but it’s definitely a good start of adding this livery. I am now thinking how we could bring enough attention to the team about this livery, I waited for 2 years now.

1 Like

up vote! up vote! Please add more Chinese airline livery like Shenzhen airlines and such as A320, B738 this kind of aircraft.

2 Likes

I saw Pegasus livery was added on this model in the latest WIP, do you think we could get the SDA livery added too?

1 Like

I think we can! It’s just a matter of whether or not the development wants to add it, I think this could be a great choice as part of their plans; take notes, devs!

Love the livery! I would like to fly around Shandong with this beauty!

Might as well bring back some attention to this livery. The new 3D coverage in China will definitely see some more enjoyment through this with an extra few hubs to fly out of.

2 Likes

Shandong Airlines Boeing 737…