SFO spotting

Hey IFC! My family is planning a trip to California for the holidays, and I will beg them to go spotting lol.

I had a question to SFO spotters about spots. I’ve read spotting guides but I’d like to see what SFO spotters say. I am aware of the bayfront park and G and A garages, but don’t those require payment to park?

If any SFO spotters could help me out, highly appreciated.

6 Likes

Maybe not the best for picture taking but at the end of the G concourse is a terrace that overlooks the ramp where heavies park and you can catch anything departing 28R/28L

7 Likes

Hey didn’t you message me on Instagram about spotting in MIA? Or do I have the wrong person? Lol

Also, I went spotting in SFO do you still need help or you got it?

I used to work at the ramp there before Covid… now THAT is the place to spot 😉😉😉 but ive seen people go on top of a nearby parking garage at the car rental area. (I forget the exact name of the garage) wish i could be more help, i dont usually spot, but ive seen many spotters in those places

my profile picture is a 78X i was loading at T3 off to IAH at the time. One of the first UA 78X flights to operate out of SFO

1 Like

I did, but my families plans always change, so we’re still settling to fly to Miami or San Francisco, so I’d like to be preferred (and do my own research lol).

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha !