Severe Turbulence on the East Coast Yesterday

Hello,
Yesterday afternoon (4:00 PM Eastern standard time), I did KJFK-KBOS in a Delta 757. Yes, that is a real route.

The flight isn’t that long, so I climbed to 25,000 feet. The turbulence was so bad that it destabilized my approach into BOS and forced me into a go around. Did anyone else experience this type of thing yesterday?

3 Likes

I mean isn’t it always windy on the east coast ?

1 Like

I think so…

I experienced Severe turbulence enroute to KLAX from KIAH but the east coast is usually bumpy in the winter ive noticed

2 Likes

Thats normal for this time of year because of the jet stream and there was a HUGE storm yesterday in boston.

3 Likes

The east coast has more turbulence as we have more high pressure systems and low pressure systems this time a year as well as yesterday there was a cold front going through at that time so that is completely normal as the weather patterns are changing

1 Like

I would know because I live 3 miles south of boston.

2 Likes

I’m in Florida from New York tho.

2 Likes

Cool beans! Grew up in Framingham… Haven’t been back in a long while.

Still like arriving at KBOS.

1 Like

Hi there fellow Floridian!

Hi. 10 char

1 Like

What part of Florida

SW Florida about 30 minutes north of FT. Myers

1 Like

You are near @swfl-pilot! Tell him I said hi lol

I will. Now that I see his profile I live like 10 minutes away

1 Like

HAHA. I’m in the isles.

1 Like

What were the winds at KBOS? Did you encounter any windshear on approach with rapid gain/loss on your ground speed of 10kts of greater?

I’m new to IF, in fact, this is my first post and just made level 3. I presume server using real or near real wx conditions. Monday afternoon we had high winds at KSDF (i.e. 26033G49KT) with reported windshear +/- 15-20kts on final for 29.

I believe NE experienced WX system that came through here on Monday.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.