Severe amount of airplanes at EGLL...

Pic:image
Quite Explanatory
The amount of planes are so high that it can not show all the planes there.
Quite disappointed of the ground ATC. He/she directed everyone to one single runway.
Also why does everyone only fly at KLAX, KSFO, other major airport…
This is in training server btw.

2 Likes

Fly on the expert server, its way more realistic than the Training Server thanks to the IFATC

6 Likes

Training server is training server. Not much you can do…

When it comes to pilots wanting to fly, they can fly where they want. EGLL is a hotspot for the training server so that’s where they fly.

4 Likes

You can’t expect much from TS1 controller or pilots. They all fly out of the same Bravo airports. Join expert server so you can fly to different parts of the world.

1 Like

Well I’m still new and climbing up, almost grade 3

Chaotic scene here:

1 Like

That was like the event at KPVD on the training server yesterday. It was a mess of inexperienced pilots. I’m only attending events on expert from now on.

4 Likes

As many others have said. Your best option is to wait till you are Grade 3. You can also just not fly at major airports as that is where most pilots are. Some smaller airports will be more enjoyable then the mess that is EGLL.

3 Likes

I think I can come up with some reasons for the most popular airports.
KLAX-KSFO is really great if you’re just doing a short regional flight, and Los Angeles is obviously a well-known city in the US, so many people coming from Asia or Australia might fly into LAX.
KJFK is also well-known (duh), and so people might do lots of domestic flights to/from from KJFK (KLAX-KJFK for example). Since it’s on the east coast, people will likely fly there from places like Europe, Asia, and Africa.
EGLL is often a transatlantic destination since it’s likely the most well-known European airport to IF people now. Also, it is great for short haul flights, since you have places like LFPG and EHAM nearby.
This doesn’t seem to drift to far from real life, since KLAX, KJFK, and EGLL are some of the busiest airports IRL too.
And don’t forget, these are major hubs for some of the largest VAs in IF. That might have something to do with the number of people at each airport.

2 Likes

Your average poor EGLL right after an update
It’s TS1,nothing you can do about it
Made of people learning and people you see and think to yourself why did they pay to fly and of course there are some educated pilots
The major busy and big airports that have big well known cities are the hotspots
And we pretty much know them

1 Like

I would jump on ground control to clean it up if not at work!

1 Like

Oh the days at EGLL, feels like yesterday, wait it was yesterday…😅

Nvm, looking back at when i was Grade 2 and used to be as realistic as possible, waiting for my turn to line up and wait on the runway, but you know… umm patience is not something everyone can master over a day and so the news team came to cover what had happened: Breaking News! A A380 had rammed another A380, but that’s to be expected so it’s not all the breaking news anymore, good bye 😴

Well that’s TS for you, the unrealistic amount of craziness going is unbelievable…

2 Likes

Personally I don’t think it’s always down to the controller as sometimes when I fly in the training server there are plenty of aircraft not following ATC instructions but I do understand about the ATC not being up to scratch but I guess it’s called the training server for a reason

2 Likes

You’re right, now I am only 30000 exp from getting to grade 3.

Was the screenshot taken yesterday by any chance?

1 Like

I took it then I posted it here right away

Oh right just because I had the same thing yesterday.

1 Like

You have to feel for the training server controllers though. Pay attention to the ATC log, depending on the controller, you may see that they are using both runways and pilots are choosing not to listen. Not really in the controllers’ control, they can become kind of helpless.

1 Like

You can’t stop people from flying where they want to…

If the ATC is being realistic, then they will use one runway for landings and one for take offs as it is done IRL.

2 Likes