Set Alt Button Issue

Hello! I didn’t see any topic addressing this issue, but if someone finds one, please do link it.

I was doing a flight and I needed to move some waypoints in my flight plan. I was pressing the Down arrow, but my finger accidentally touched the Set Alt button. This has happened before too, but this time, it was different. I clicked Cancel as I didn’t want to set an altitude. A second later, my screen turns black and the sound from the simulator stops. This exact scenario hasn’t happened to me before, but I know @Ivan0921 has had some issues.

I don’t know how or why that happens, but if the development team or someone who communicates with them reads this, please, please fix this issue. It is entirely possible that we press the Set Alt button accidentally, but I am sure a crash of the simulator isn’t something such an accident should cause.

1 Like

Hello! I’m not a dev, so I’m not very knowledgeable in this issue; but did you have a lot of waypoints? Sometimes my device just crashes because the amount of waypoints.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I did, I had a lot of waypoints. They were also coordinate waypoints, I don’t know if that makes any difference.

Yeah, I have had this issue before, unless your device is brand-new this will happen. To fix this possible reoccurring issue, you have to restart IF, and if that dosent work give a hard restart to your device. Hope it helps!

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll try that and see if it works. So far, doing the same thing doesn’t cause a crash on the sim…

1 Like

Ok, I think it’s a device memory issue, with lots of waypoints being moved your device crashed since it ran out of memory. I have had this issue once or twice when doing long flights (meaning lots of waypoints), and unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it crashing.

Ther problem is if it’s reoccurring, if it is try these: closing out any apps in the background, try having at least 1gb of space left, and just try restarting. Feel free to PM if you have more issues!

1 Like

Alright, I will keep this in mind for if a future crash happens. Thank you!

1 Like

Actually this is a known issue and will be resolved with 20.2.

6 Likes