Server Hiccup. Or whatever you want to call it.

So earlier today when I was attempting to edit my reply on @anon50176895’s topic, a message popped up saying “Internal Server Error.” I tried re-editing my post but nothing besides that error message popping up happened. Then, when I tried to make a new post, it had a message stating “(something like this) Topic may have been deleted or closed while you were viewing it?” Thats because the first post was deleted. As in it did not exist. Then, I tried to refresh my browser, but it said “Oops! That topic doesn’t exist or is private.” Could an admin contact Discourse and report this problem? It happened to other people including @anon50176895.

1 Like

The topic was most likely closed as you pressed the reply button. This happens regularly. I guess the page was then deleted by staff, or unlisted, which gave you that message.

It happens to me a lot and is fairly frustrating as you want to get your point out as you out time and effort into it… Then by the click of a button it’s gone.

2 Likes

Nope, the topic wasn’t closed. The reply button was still there, there was no lock symbol by the title or any closing by a mod. The first post was just missing.

1 Like

That’s what happens when a topic has been deleted and you haven’t refreshed the page.

From what I understood, there’s nothing wrong here. The topic got deleted, meaning that you can not edit your reply. Once you refresh, the deleted topic does not appear and a message only appears saying:

Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private.

2 Likes

There can be somewhat of a delay from when a mod closes a thread to when you actually see that its closed. If you had refreshed your browser straight away it would have said that its been closed.

2 Likes

Now I get it. Thank you! I’ll flag this for closure.

1 Like