Good day pilots, am just wondering if anyone is having problems logging into expert server. I have been trying, but have failed so far. I have checked my connection and it’s ok. Restarted my device etc. thank you.
Personally, I’m able to connect and login to the expert server successfully on my end.
What happens when you try to connect? -
Do you receive a message stating “Infinite Flight was unable to connect to the server”?
I get all the way in, but live server remains red.
Looks fine here. Have you tried any of the other servers?
Ok I will try TS.
Ok. I was able to login TS without any issues t all. Strange.
Not sure how that would help…
@Aero_Contractors_Ng - sign out of your IF account, restart your device and sign back. Then try again.
Did what you suggested, but I got the same result. Still no connection to live server.
I have just deleted and reinstalled the app and it’s still not working.
Looks like we have to do the long run. Just ignore the steps you’ve already tried.
Please try the following to resolve your connectivity issue:
Reboot your device
This should always be the first step to resolve any issue. Sometimes the server issue is temporary so waiting a short period of time and/or rebooting may help.
Switch between network types (WIFI/Cellular)
If you are on wifi, try cellular if you can. If you are on cellular, try a wifi connection and see if it is any different.
Try a different network
For troubleshooting, try a different network and see if the results are different.
Toggle airplane mode
– Shut down IF
– Go into airplane mode on your device for 40-60 seconds
– Turn airplane mode off. This causes your device to reconnect to your network and solves the problem for some.
VPN or Proxy
Ensure you are not on a VPN network or behind a proxy. These will often block the necessary UDP ports for a successful connection to the live server.
Reset device network settings
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.
From the Home screen, navigate: Apps icon Apps icon > Settings > Backup and reset
Tap Reset network settings.
Tap RESET SETTINGS.
If applicable, enter the PIN, password, fingerprint or pattern then tap RESET SETTINGS again to confirm.
Update wifi DNS settings
In some cases you may need to update your devices DNS settings on wifi to use google’s DNS.
Here’s how to change your iPhone’s DNS servers:
- From the iPhone’s home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi. The available wireless networks in range of your iPhone appear, as shown below.
- Find your wireless network in the list, and then click the arrow.
- Tap the DNS field.
- Delete the current DNS servers, and enter the new DNS servers. (If you enter more than one DNS server, be sure sure to separate the servers with commas.)
- To use Google DNS, enter 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- Re-launch IF
- Open the Settings on the device.
- Select “Wi-Fi”.
- Long press your current network, then select “Modify network”.
- Mark “Show advanced options” check box.
- Change “IP settings” to “Static”
- Change DNS1 to 220.127.116.11
- Change DNS2 to 18.104.22.168
- Press “Save” button, disconnect from the network, and reconnect for changes to take effect.
The DNS can only be changed while on WIFI.
Please make sure you try all the listed steps as described above.
If you have tried all of the steps above, please reply to us with the following information:
- Your device model
- Your Infinite Flight version (This can be found in the top left corner after tapping “About” in the app)
- Connection type, cell/wifi. If cellular, please name the network provider (Verizon, T-Mobile, etc)
- Country you’re currently in
- Please list any of the steps above you have already tried and their results.
I have tried all that you suggested, but getting the same result. Actions taken…Rebooted device, switched networks, switched to airplane mode and back, checked VPN network…off. Am using iPad Air2 (WiFi only) on the latest iOS. Latest infinite flight (19.03.02). Like stated before I have no problem at all logging into Training Server. When I try Expert, the weather and live server stays RED.
You also might want to answer these on top of what you’ve already answered to allow schyllberg to help you if nothing worked.
Am currently in Nigeria. I have tried two network providers MTN and Airtel. I have these networks on Android phone, then connect my iPad through WiFi hotspot. I have used this setup for years without having any trouble.
Have you tried a fresh restall of infinite flight? Get back to me to see if it has worked or not
Done that already.
Oh ok, that was my only idea as I haven’t seen anyone say reinstall the game
Moving to PM