Sequencing question

okay so just to be clear, (I feel like this is my number one problem) let’s start that you (aircraft A) departs runway 13L “remaining in the pattern, make left traffic “ (I’m using just random numbers) and someone else departs runway 13L (aircraft B) “remaining in the pattern, make left traffic, number 2, traffic to follow is in left downwind “
so at this time let’s say you are on final about to do a touch and go and you make left traffic again but the aircraft B is on final. would I give aircraft A “number 2, traffic to follow is on final” or would I keep aircraft A number 1 in the pattern and when aircraft B lands, I give him “number 2, traffic to follow is on left downwind?

i can explain more thoroughly if I have to. I’m sorry if this is confusing but I hope y’all understand.

The first option I think :)

2 Likes

Are you saying Aircraft A is on short final as well as Aircraft B?

1 Like

no, just aircraft A, sorry about that.

Yes, you would resequence if Aircraft A has completed the touch and go and now Aircraft A is behind B in the pattern.

2 Likes

so aircraft A does not stay number 1 the whole time?

No. It was number 1 initially, but any number of new aircraft can join the pattern. Treat it as a queue to land :)

2 Likes

thank you so much I was so confused!

1 Like

It’s the first option

The point where number 2 becomes number 1 is runway threshold. Say the person who’s number 2 in the pattern hasn’t gotten a clearance yet if aircraft 1 passes runway threshold aircraft 2 has become #1.

2 Likes