Send on guard message - how do you use it?

I am a very active controller on the training server, and I recently found the message tab “Send on guard message” which has these options :

I understand that you would use them for when an aircraft is not on your frequency, but however, the only option you have when sending a on guard message to an aircraft not on your frequency is this :

Please tell me how you can use the others on an aircraft out of frequency.
Also, correct me if I’m wrong anywhere.
Thank you!

2 Likes

The on guard message is used to contact a pilot that he or she is suppose to be in specific frequency, for an example: Let’s say you’re an approach controller for whatever airport it may be, a random aircraft has entered your airspace and is somewhat doing stuff that you may want to avoid. You would on guard him to get him or her on your frequency, so that you can give the proper vector instructions.

3 Likes

I understand, yes, but the only message you can send is the on guard warning, as opposed to

• Send request to contact
  • Send services advisory
  • Request return to frequency
1 Like

For the other on guard options, it’s somewhat unnecessary I believe but feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Imagine an aircraft Contacts tower without your permission.
You would request a return to frequency, right?
Well you can only send an on guard warning when the aircraft isn’t on your frequency (X, you’re in an active airspace, please contact y approach on 123.Z)

1 Like

on guard is literally meaning HEY U ARE IN MY AIRSPACE! CONTACT ME ON XX FREQUENCY

3 Likes

basically i want to know if or how it’s possible to send the on guard messages when the aircraft isn’t on your frequency

1 Like

Those specific on guard commands are only available when the aircraft is on your frequency.

4 Likes

oh okay then. What is their purpose?

1 Like

If an aircraft left your frequency without your permission, on guard them then go to misc messages (if they rejoined your frequency) and you should be able to tell them to stay on your frequency.

1 Like

Guys, he knows what the on-guard message is used for typically.

His question is there is this box that you can only get when they’re on your freq already.

@NoaNoaK give me a few to test them out an I’ll see what each says.

5 Likes

yes, thank you!

1 Like

To be honest, I believe I saw them before and then rendered them useless for the most part because they weren’t going to be helpful if an aircraft left your frequency as you aren’t going to be able to get the message option panel up if they’re not in your frequency.

1 Like

yeah that’s my point. I was wondering if it was possible to use them outside of freq. and if not their purpose

ok so u want to know what the on guard msg is for aircraft outside of ur frequency?

We are testing that right now, standby.

1 Like

i know what the on guard WARNING is (the one you use all the time so pilots join your frequency) , but i am wondering about the on guard messages found in the menu.

1 Like

For those who don’t know, airspace for approach begins about 50 miles from the airport and ends at the outer ring for the tower. So don’t send on guard messages to pilots further than that. Also, for tower operators, if I’m flying above your airfield at 30,000 feet, do not send me an on guard message as I am no where near your airspace. 🙂

Unfortunately, the message panel that you usually see when you’re controlling is not available if an aircraft is not in your frequency.

1 Like

oh ok my bad

1 Like