Selfridge ANG Air Show Michigan

Hey Everyone!

Overall Air Show

I thought I could share some of my pictures that I took from the Selfridge Air National Guard Base Air Show in Southeast Michigan. The Airshow included many different performances and attractions all the way from The “Misty Blues” skydivers to the Thunderbirds and KC-135 Stratotanker. The Performers kept the audience extremely attracted to the show. I personally thought it was the best one yet.

History of Selfridge ANG

Selfridge Air National Guard is a U.S. Air Base that is located in Southeast Michigan in Harrison Township. The main aircraft that is operated out of the Base is the A-10 Thunderbolt. The Air Base was Officially a Military Base in May 1917. They used the Base as a training camp for World War 1 and then on July 9th, they received the first training military aircraft, the Curtiss JN-4D. The Base was then being used for the United States Air Force but on July 1st, 1971, the Michigan Air National Guard officially moved from Detroit Metro Airport (KDTW) to Selfridge Air Base (KMTC). The Base is now used for Training Programs, U.S. Coast Guard, and the U.S. Air Force. Now onto the Air Show :)

Selfridge ANG Air Show

F/A-18E

Boeing C-17A Globemaster III

Louisiana ANG F-15 Eagle

T-38 Talon Based out of Florida ANG

Boeing CH-47 Chinook

A-10 Thunderbolts with KC-135 Stratotanker

USAF Thunderbird

U.S. Coast Guard MH-65 Dolphin

Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey

Thanks Everyone for checking this out! This was by far my favorite Air Show Out of all the other years. Any Questions? Feel free to ask them below and I’ll try my best to answer them accurately!

I suggest clicking on the Photos for Full Quality… They look much better!

Thanks!

17 Likes

Wonderful shots Brandon, nice seeing the variety of military aircraft.

2 Likes

As an aspiring naval pilot I love seeing spotting photos like this.

I went to it as well but you beat me to the topic and also as a question what camera were you using

iPhone 6s Upscaled to 4K… @Mad_Dog I was trying to get pictures of when they landed a plane on a pickup truck but I was too far away :( How did you like it?

1 Like

Loved seeing the the F-5’s baby (the T-38 was a variant of the F-5)

2 Likes

I couldn’t get pictures of the plane landing on the truck but as for the air show as a whole it was pretty cool unfortunately my camera died halfway through the thunderbirds performance

1 Like

I love the picture of the Osprey!!!

Amazing Pictures!!

2 Likes

Should I make a topic of my own about my experience and photos?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.