Seeing a Users' Deleted Post

I don’t know if this is a glitch or if others have this problem, but I noticed if a user decides to refrain from posting something, I am still able to view it. If you click the little pencil next to the users’ post, you are able to see what they refrained from posting.

Is this a discourse glitch or something or are regulars allowed to see deleted posts? A few months back, I wasn’t able to see what they posted, even when clicking the pencil.

8 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I can also see them

Actual post.

2 Likes

Hmm… I have been able to do this for a while.

2 Likes

I’ve been able to do it for a while. Idk why it took this long to address.

1 Like

I think this is not a glitch and actually part of the forum. Thus being intentional by Discourse.

2 Likes

I was just waiting to see if anyone else would point it out, no one else did, so I thought I was the only one with the problem

I just thought if a user didn’t want to post something and delete it, why should we be able to see something that he/she didn’t want us to see?

It deletes the post after 24 hours, but till that it is visible

I know it does, we shouldn’t be able to see something that the user doesn’t want us to see before 24 hours is up

This feature discourages users to attack others and be belligerent because they cannot hide behind a deleted post, I actually like the feature.

Try it out on my next post.

you can do this only for 24 hours

1 Like

I’ve known this since I joined the community 😂

The pencil and the number will appear when a user makes an edit or removes the post as said before. The number is associated with the number of times the user has edited the post.

If an edit is made within the 5 (?) last minute since the last edit was made it does not appear as a change.

It’s been like this for as long as I can remember, going back to June/Julyish 2015

2 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t know it has been like for that long, I’ve only been here for 4 months :/

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.