Sean_Green’s ATC Tracking Thread for TS1 [CLOSED]

Hello IFC I’m setting up my ATC Tracking thread.

Currently I have 573 operations / Grade 3 and have applied to receive my IFATC qualification. I am here to hone skills and become a better controller for the IFC. I have experience in aviation both civil and military.

I will be open at 0250 UTC 01 Oct 2018 until 0400 UTC

KORF
Landing RWY: 05
Departure RWY: 05/32
Ground and Tower available
No applicable NOTAMS in effect
No aircraft restrictions in effect
Looking for pattern work
image http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/ORF/APD/AIRPORT+DIAGRAM/png/1

Look forward to seeing you on the server

9 Likes

Make sure you put the ICAO on the title like this [Open @ KORF], so people can join quicker instead of searching where you are controlling at. I will come!

2 Likes

WILCO thank you for the tip

1 Like

Also, go ahead and put “Tracking Thread” after ATC :)

1 Like

I’ve been told off in the past for not running feedback by an IFATC Trainer, so once I get it edited I’ll send it over.

1 Like

Look forward to it thank you

1 Like

Hello, a lot of errors, but that okay!
Here your feedback.

• He/she is all ready to go right/left downwind: they are in the pattern work, no need to tell them to go right/left downwind after Touch and Goes. If you want to change the downwind (Example: “G-1AZ, cleared for takeoff, make right traffic” (1). G-1AZ will go in right downwind. If you want to change the pattern (like from Right Downwind to Left Downwind), "G-1AZ, cleared for the option after the option ** makes left traffic** or you can tell him/her to go left downwind after T/G.

• Transition: I said request transition and you said approved at 4,000ft or more. I recommend 2,500ft because the airport is near sea level and the airspace is from Ground Level to 2,500ft. So for transition, I recommend 2,500ft or more. (Example: Airport Level (1,200) + 2,500 = 3,700, you say to aircraft transition approved at 3,700ft or more.) When I was climbing to 4,000ft and away from the airport (I wasn’t leaving the airspace) and you said frequency approved and that for departure/approach.

• You did well on Runway Change.

• When aircraft is in pattern work, no need to cleared to land, because pattern work is for T/G and use option instead of land.

Keep working on it and you will get better on it!👍

3 Likes

Continuing on what @LachyRobertson said, you have to request departure before you can climb out and depart the airspace :)

I wasn’t leaving the airspace.

Thank you to the phenomenal pilots tonight.
CALLSIGNS:
G-ZAGO
DELTA 2325
UNITED 2 Heavy
N479QT

Thanks for all your help and support. I look forward to your critiques in the thread.

Next time I will try to get your actual display name but this time I wanted to try and make sure I controlled you correctly

2 Likes

Then why are you requesting transitions :joy:

To test him, if he doing properly, that what some people do.

Yep, but you have to depart the airspace first :)

1 Like

Is he doing properly when he told me frequency is approved when after the transition is approved?

Hey, nice thread. I see you did the airport diagram thing which is relly cool. Its fairly late for me so i’ve book marked this topic and will make sure to drop by next time you are open. Good luck with IFATC. 😉

3 Likes

I was there as N479QT. Since I am IFATC (much newer than @AsternAviation :) ) I will follow his lead and check in with a trainer. One way or another I will get you feedback.

You are off to a good start. Keep up the learning and practice. Awesome to have someone that is already involved in real world aviation working toward IFATC!

In the meantime here are two tutorial videos I highly recommend watching. I watched them a few times especially once I started controlling and picked up new things each time.

Regards,
Chris

3 Likes

Thanks @DenverChris I will watch those. Thank you for the work tonight all of you were awesome. Way better then sitting at KLAX or KJFK all night

1 Like

Okay so my real flight schedule came out and I’m flying late so I can extend my online time.

Open from 0450 02 Oct 18 to 0600UTC

KORF
Landing RWY: 05
Departure RWY: 05/32
Looking for pattern work

image https://community.infiniteflight.com/uploads/short-url/f0tViMiyJNvmAKaZc8ioiv60S7T.png

Currently at 650 operations thanks to some awesome pilots. Looking forward to seeing more in the future.

1 Like

Time to Open

I feel like going to Texas today.

Open from 0320z to 0530z
ICAO: KELP
Landing RWY: 08R
Departure RWY: 08L
Looking for pattern work

http://aireform.com/wp-content/uploads/KELP.apdg_.jpg

Be sure to “Watch” this thread so you know when I am open. Thanks and see you on the server.

1 Like