Sea Planes

It would be awesome to have seaplanes and amphibians with Global. I totally understand that making the water conducive to sea plane ops is an endeavor in and of itself (Ie: animations such as wake, bobbing of the aircraft on surface of water, water resistance in airframe etc). That would have to happen before any planes could be introduced. But I think this is worth the effort. Sea planes and amphibians are an awesome form of aviation.

Imagine flying around your favorite island chain in a sea plane, fBush flying in Alaska, exploring the arctic circle, etc. The opportunities for fun are endless.

I think FDS pursuing this would take the app to an even higher level of greatness. Last but certainly not least, congrats FDS on an amazing job well done, cheers!

Feel free to comment.

Lol. Sea planes and amphibians yes I agree Amphibians are very important

3 Likes

You’re having a giggle m8. Imagine knuc on steroids. Grade 1s would finally have an actual reason to ditch on water!

6 Likes

Tidied up your title a little, also worth voting for your own request - otherwise, why should everyone else?

1 Like

Who actually uses GA aircraft that often in Infinite flight? 🤷🏻‍♂️
It’s an okay idea, just don’t see it being that popular.

1 Like

Standby for the backlash of many GA flyers. You’re about to see a massive increase too, i am one of them! Haha

3 Likes

GA is the best! gets me places them big things can’t. ;)

never underestimate GA.

3 Likes

I believe a lot of people fly general aviation aircraft! And I think it’s a novel idea. But as IFP-Dan has said it my not be that popular? As soon as I can figure out how to vote you have mine…

1 Like

What sea plane should they add?

Eh. We’d need a whole new level of water physics.

2 Likes

That’s what I said too, then I saw TS1 noobs landing A380s at KNUC…

1 Like

I don’t really think this idea will work out and isn’t really that anticipated compared to other stuff.

1 Like

It is a good initiative, but at the moment I consider very important the update of Global. Although I think it more necessary to land in an airport than in the water, that being a personal opinion. regards

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. Just voted for it!

1 Like

True. As mentioned in OP the water would have to be reworked for required animations & proper physics for aircraft landing, taking off and taxiing on it from. Only then could we have sea planes and amphibians. I’d love to get the ball rolling on this initiative

Well, we’d need to have water physics + animated water first.

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it!

1 Like

First, powerful water physics are needed to make it work. Second, im sure it’s going to destroy phones with water physics.Remember how laggy some devices get with high water graphics on? Imagine high water graphics and new physics running at the same time. Im sure my phone is going to explode. This might even cause a lot of bugs and glitches. If there was a button to downvote, i’d press it already…

1 Like

I’m glad I’ve just ordered the Note 8 then! 6Gb of RAM should have it covered 😉

Lucky you… im a broke boi