Sea breeze in IF?

You are probably wondering “there isn’t a sea breeze in IF?”. Well when every time I fly towards the coast (anywhere) I get hit with bad winds. Now if I’m coming of the coast onto land I get a bad tail wind. Can someone explain this to me??

5 Likes

Bad tailwind?

1 Like

u usually high or low altitude?

1 Like

High sometimes

1 Like

But it’s always worse closer to the coast.

1 Like

check windy.com looks like it always blowing east to west (usa)

1 Like

Ok thank you.

1 Like

ya select wind on the top right and u can change altitude on the right with the slider

1 Like

It’s just wind in the game lol, you can call it “sea breeze” if you want lol

2 Likes

Well IRL systems typically move in from the coast. I live in Vancouver, and 9 times out of 10, the wind is coming off of the water. Wind is created by high and low-pressure systems. You can think of these systems like this…

High-pressure systems can be viewed as a Helter-skelter amusement park ride…

The air starts at the top and spirals down, thus wind.

Low-pressure systems are the opposite and can be thought of like flushing a toilet bowl. Air is rushing into the center of the low-pressure system in a spiral motion, usually counter-clockwise in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern hemisphere. The way these systems move throughout the world usually have wind coming in off the coast in most regions. However, these systems can go anywhere and that’s why there are days in Vancouver and in other cities where the wind may be heading out to the ocean.

As previously mentioned, windy.com is a very very useful tool and can help visualize what I’m talking about!

Some examples…
Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 11.02.26 PM
Wind flowing inwards to a low-pressure area

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 11.02.34 PM
Air flowing outwards from a high-pressure area.

Hope this helps!
Safe flights!

Forgive me for going all Bill Nye on ya there
Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 11.06.14 PM

6 Likes

Storms usually start out at sea so there is more of a chance of high winds then if you were over land. In he Atlantic, for example, there is usually a jet stream going West-East which is why the flights from Europe to America take longer than the return leg.
Here is a screenshot of Windy.com right now of the Atlantic

The Yellow line is the jet stream and you can see the wind speed in the little window at the top of the Yellow line.

IF uses real time weather though so I think you might be right with your sea breeze theory.

2 Likes

It does help. And ur fine becoming bill nye tho. Lol

2 Likes

Use rudder to make your landing better.

I use windy.com for winds.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.