Screenshots won't save to camera roll

Hi all,

I got the iPad Air 3 a few hours back and was very excited to play IF on it. However, when I went into the replay mode to take a screenshot, it did not save to my camera roll. After repeated attempts, and changing settings back and forth, nothing has changed.

I have tried:

• restarting the iPad
  • re-installing IF
  • clearing scenery cache
  • clearing RAM (as if it’ll help)
  • checked Photo permissions for IF (set to ‘Read and Write’)
  • factory reset of iPad

If there’s something I’m missing, please let me know. I am frustrated with this feature not working on my new device.

Thank you,
Rishi

4 Likes

Same thing happened with me, when I put the photo permission to Read and Write and restarted (closed and than opened) IF it worked.

1 Like

Also, it does take some time to load so I usually wait 2-3 minutes before checking.

Thank you for the help. I’ll try this out and see what happens.

2 Likes

I hope it works!

Unfortunately it didn’t work.

1 Like

Could it have saved to another device for some reason?

Not really. I don’t have PhotoStream or any photo back-up options enabled. The thing just won’t show in my camera roll.

1 Like

If nothing works I would wait till 20.1 which could come any day and try it again.

You finally got a new ipad

1 Like

Oh ok thanks for your help. Though since this has never given me problems on my other devices, I’ll try to get in touch with some of the IF support staff.

Haha yeah. I switched my 2017 iPad Pro 10.5" to an iPad Air 3 with my dad.

1 Like

Yeah hope it works out for you, and can’t wait to see a 777 flight on your YT!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m not too sure about the 777 flight as the update has a very high likelihood of coming out right when I have final exams for my first semester of universiry.

2 Likes

With the issue at hand, I guess what I’ll do is to just sleep it out and hope that this works in the morning. I am hoping this is only happening because the device was set-up only two hours prior and is probably still being set-up in the background. Let’s hope. I’ll update you all when it’s morning for me. Thanks for all your help thus far.

1 Like

Are you sure you have enough space in your camera roll?

Yes. It’s a brand new 256GB iPad. Should be plenty of space I hope xD

Btw you have great content on YT!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m glad you like the videos. Thanks for helping me with this issue!

1 Like

It will take a while to load as ive experienced

3 Likes