Screenshots upload (help)

Hey IFC, I would like to know how to upload screenshots, by this I mean like how I can make my screenshots png and visible for the IFC. I tried earlier and I wasnt able because the photo needed to be, png.

if you look at the bottom right. you can see that there’s this button. that’s what you would use.

2 Likes

And I can use any photo from my gallery roll?

1 Like

is this what you mean?

Is talking how to convert to jpn.

1 Like

exactly i was confused if it was jpn or png

yes just click that button and it should bring you multiple options 😁

1 Like

Thank you! I will try

2 Likes

Do you mean JPG or JPEG? Both are supported by discourse, all your photos don’t have to be PNG’s. Just make sure you’ve allowed access to your camera roll and you should be set as long as it’s one of the below formats (which it should be, assuming it’s from IF).

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.29.47 AM

1 Like

Not only are they both supported they are both the same 😉

JPG simply exists to shorten some paths for a previous Windows version I believe and then caught on. Exact same compression format.

1 Like

If you are still having issues what device are you on, and where are you trying to upload the picture from? Some platforms use a proprietary format like h264 on iOS, but in that cause it shouldn’t cause any issues uploading here.

One last question, when the photo is uploaded in the draft (where im writting the info and everything), does the photo appears as a link or does it appears visually

Im using a Iphone 11 in IOS 14.4, im uploading them from my gallery roll

Is it giving you an error? I have the same setup more or less and have never experienced an issue.

Im finishing the upload, when I finish I will tell u. okay?

1 Like

If it’s taking a while it could just be slow Internet. Give it time and it should work.

1 Like

When you upload a photo, in your text box it will indeed look like a link of some sort, just a bunch of text. For example something like "!Uploading[Screen Shot 2021-03-02(500x500)(upload://nxtglt9vSJxo0lsUvubbtfd3TJM.png) ".
However when you actually post it’ll show up as an image. You’re doing it correctly so far, don’t worry :)

2 Likes

Cool!! thank you so much

1 Like

I uploaded them already, thank you so much for the help everyone!

1 Like

Question answered. Thanks all!