Screenshots of the Moon Don’t Work For Me

Hello IFC,

I have been trying to take moonshots for my Instagram page and they don’t work for some reason. When I take the in-app screenshot the moon doesn’t load with it. Any reason why and how I could fix it?

• I have an iPad 2019
  • with 8 GB free
  • I cleared all my apps when taking the moonshot.
  • I have Infiniteflight to the latest version.

Thanks,

Ahmed

Try to check this out

I know how to take a moonshot.

If you end up being too far away from the moon, the moon won’t appear when you take a screenshot with the in-game screenshot button. I would recommend taking just a regular screenshot instead of using the in-game screenshot feature. Hope it helps!

Taking a screenshot makes the quality less… 😕

I will try doing it close up.

That’s true but that’s the only alternative you have if it doesn’t work. In order for it to work with the in-game screenshot feature, make sure you don’t go too far away from the moon. You can always trial and error until you find the limit which is what I tend to do. You can always zoom in and out as well so don’t forget that!

1 Like

You also can edit it with a edit program with PNG moon pics 😉

Just tried it. The moon kind of appears, but it’s very deformed, it’s miles away from my actual angle. And my 737 is also cut and deformed.

1 Like

So your problem is more about the screenshot feature than the moonshot actually. Maybe change the title so people who have the same problem also find a solution here

Fixed! :) Is that better?

1 Like

I mean for that time of day, that’s probably the best view of the moon you can get. If you want the moon to appear better, you will have to change the time of day close to sunrise or sunset. Yeah the picture may look darker (obviously) but you can always use a few editors to play around with the lighting of the shot. An example can be seen below

Unfortunately I don’t have the original shot but what I did here was tune the lighting of the background to complete pitch black and and touch up the moon with some sharpening and detailing tools.

This is because the screenshot feature takes multiple screenshots and stitches them together. Clearly there’s some form of bug here. Try reinstalling IF, remembering that you have to save your replays to your device if you want to keep them :)

How does one save replay files?

You mean export them to Google Drive?

That looks nice, what editor do you use?

You should be able to export them and save them into the “Files” app if it’s an Apple device.

Before doing that, have you tried adjusting the screenshot resolution?

1 Like

🤔 No, I kept at 4K all the way…

I’ll try it at 2K.

I use PS Express and the in-built Apple editor at times

1 Like

You can save your replays by exporting them to Google Drive. All you need to do is head over to the main screen > replay > select what file you want to export > share > it will give you options as to where you want to save them

So, from the sounds of it, when you go to take a screenshot in the replay feature, the Moon doesn’t appear in the screenshot even though the Moon was visible before taking it. If that is the case, here’s a solution for it that has worked in the past:

Oh, I already know how 2 do that.

1 Like