Screenshots and Videos Section Idea

Hi there!

So, in the rules of the #screenshots-and-videos there is a line that states photos may not include any edits that portray the sim different than it is “vanilla”. These include sunbursts, alternate liveries that don’t exist, etc.

I think that we should create a tag for Heavy Edits so then we can still show our creativity and editing skill without breaking the rules. Basically, the tag would just tell people that the following pictures may not represent the sim. I don’t know if its possible but it could have pre-inputted disclaimer text when you select the tag.

Any thoughts?

26 Likes

I like this idea. I miss seeing some of the edited work

4 Likes

I think this is definitely a good idea - and it would give the opportunity for the really talented artists here on the forum to really show what they can do.

2 Likes

I like this idea! It would allow for more leeway in the creativity of screenshots! I think this should be a feature for sure!

2 Likes

Thanks for the support guys!

2 Likes

I support this fully and I would be great to have the waves of creativity we once had. And this would also make #screenshots-and-videos catagory more fun and unique.

2 Likes

I support this as well, having this tag not only opens doors for creativity, but also potential things that might be portrayed well in the sim.

1 Like

I like this idea! I would like to see different and creative ways people could do a picture

1 Like

If there was a vote function on this topic, it would have my vote. Great idea!!

2 Likes

I love this idea, I really miss the old edits with things such as rain.

1 Like

I strongly agree with this!
I miss the edits like the rain, snow…

1 Like

hail, sun flare, fake clouds, etc.

2 Likes

Totally needed! I miss the old photoshops…

1 Like

A good suggestion! The disclaimer would need to be in bold though. Having said that, it’s definitely an exciting and creative prospect to have “heavy edits” and would showcase the community’s Photoshop (or similar) artistic skills.

1 Like

I like the idea but maybe just a thread for “heavy edits” would be a better idea.

1 Like

Only issue is that I think the more categories you have the more expensive the forum is… so a tag would be free and keep the forum relatively the same.

Well I was thinking more like how we have a design your own livery thread. It could be like that. I think the tag would clog the forum more than it should.

1 Like

Honestly that is a great Idea for that. Got my support

1 Like

Anyone else support this? If the mods notice that we are passionate about this they may adjust it!

Greatest idea, I would love to see heavy edits

1 Like